Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know where i can get this.

imagestation

this is the first time i try imagestation or anything with posting pics, so lets see if it works.

this actually came from somebody's teg at hin.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Here is the pic. I dont know the exact price, but i know that if a oil cap from mugen is $75 then you are going to pay up the ass for a valve cover.

·
Registered
208 Posts
my friend got the valve cover for $795...not worth it man..i just bought the red jdm itr cover and i'm happy...but i have the mugen oil cap

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
damn for that price, i guess i'm going with the red cover for now, then maybe i'll get that later and get it painted red.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
i saw one on ebay and it is true that this thing is 800 dollars +/-

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
jesus, thats stupid, its just a name, and its not like you get more power out of it, lol, some people would pay anything for a name

·
Registered
635 Posts
U can get the fake ones that look pretty much the same fro like 200 dollers. Myfrined got one and u cant even tell the difference.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Dangz, is it really worth that much? Or are these guys going to shows with their car and need it to win? Geez, I can't ever imagine spending that much on something that doesn't improve performance. But I guess it's all personal preference.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have actually seen some MUGEN valve cover copy's for sale, that look exactly the same as the REAL MUGEN valve cover, the price i have seen them for is like $200-300.00, i have seen one on ebay, and others on various sites, so keep your eye out for them, they might fulfill your need ;)

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
If it really came down to it, I'd shell out the money on a carbon fibre valve cover instead. Then again, the stock one isn't really that ridiculously heavy, so I don't feel that it's worth the money...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Matt_Of_MI on May/12/03 said:
get it powdercoated
or better yet paint it yourself. i painted mine silver and it looks damn good. f**k that mugen sh*t, its all a ripoff. every product they sell is a ripoff, i dont know why everybody made their name so big.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
I wouldn't go so far as to say that everything Mugen is a ripoff, but yeah, they're pricey. Then again, what did you expect for OEM performance parts?

·
Registered
110 Posts
IntegU on May/12/03 said:
WOW everything they sell is a ripoff? How come?
just look at the price of their products. $700 for a valve cover, $75 dollars for an oil cap, come on! plus their header and exhaust has been dyno-proven to LOSE horsepower. i know i guy in charlotte with an s2000 and he bought those and lost 11 horsepower. that might not be the case with everything they sell but there are a lot better products out there for a lot less money.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Just get the fake one. 800 is not worth it. BTW why are this Japanese stuff for cars (Spoon, Mugen etc)are so expensive? Like their intake, it cost a lot than AEM. Does it pull more power that the competitors here in the U.S. I think it is a rip off.

·
Registered
110 Posts
neouser on May/12/03 said:
I wouldn't go so far as to say that everything Mugen is a ripoff, but yeah, they're pricey. Then again, what did you expect for OEM performance parts?
true, true.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts