Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if mugen parts are good they are really expensive but are they worth the money? and how much does port and polish cost cause i met this guy that says he can do it for $300...

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
They have high quality parts, but probably not high enough quality where its worth the extra cost.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Really the only reason that it is that high of a price is for the name, here in the US it is a hard thing to come by (Legit ones anyway). Also they are imported from japan so you would have to add freight and import tax costs. Same thing with imported cars, thats why the 2002 integra type r from japan is a little less than $20,000 (it costs like 11,000 there lol, or something like that). So... that is the reasoning behind the high prices, now for the quality, it is not as good as it could be there are better things like toda and jun and personaly i kinda like spoon although they dont make half of the things they sell. Just do some reasearch on what some other people have to say about the product and then you will be happy with what you get.

·
Registered
608 Posts
my mugen twin loop exhaust was shipped from japan total cost was about $1000!!! and the piping is 2.38 pretty good but u can get a better 2.5' exhaust here for less than $1000
btw mugenmike ur ITR is dope u got one of the first couple hundred eh? i bought mine the first month it came out in 00' and i got #430..ahah anyways ur steering wheel is freaking badass, i would have kept the spoiler tho

·
Registered
634 Posts
typeR430 on Sep/13/02 said:
i bought mine the first month it came out in 00' and i got #430..
u bought the type-r?? i remember you saying u got the car from your cousin dood... heh...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for da props #430! I love the wheel, it was a bit expensive but I like it better than some other aftermarket wheels I've seen. I still have the spoiler, but I prefer it without. The car doesn't seem to attract as much attention wingless ;)

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
WTF? If the 2002 R costs 11 grand in Japan consider me on the next flight. I think that is a load of bullsh*t.

·
Registered
213 Posts
OT: hey mugenmike where did u get that guage cluster bezel around your gauges....the aluminum part???...is it easy to put on??

·
Registered
608 Posts
oooppps very very sorry i was accidenntly on my frends user name

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
on the subject, some Mugen parts are good and I would consider buying, others are just overpriced. It depends what you're buying, no company is perfect and makes the best of everything or we would have been buying everything from them in the first place.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ken_Masters on Sep/13/02 said:
Quote:
2002 integra type r from japan is a little less than $20,000 (it costs like 11,000 there lol, or something like that)
WTF? If the 2002 R costs 11 grand in Japan consider me on the next flight. I think that is a load of bullsh*t.
Ever heard of an exageration? I am just saying everything honda costs less there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts