Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone see that tonight?? it was on 10:30 Western time. It was about street racing, and it started out at Battle of the Imports(which i was at!) in Bakersfield, CA and they took two kids who street raced and let them hang with the pit crew of Stephan Papadakis. MTV then went with them out to a street race and staged a wreck and so forth, kid went to his own funeral, one girl thought her friend died. It really had an affect on me, makes you think twice about street racing, i think its time to start going to the track instead.

·
Registered
34 Posts
YEA i saw that show, altho im only 14, it did make me think about what im going to do in the not so distant future, good episode, i liked when the girl said "no officer i wasnt going to do anything like that, "boohoo" crying while she said it, and she was parked even with a guy in the left hand lane with a man starting the race inbetween them, i really thought that was funny!!! sad that they wrecked that car! or did they???

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ya I saw that, it was pretty wicked. Tomorrow the 8th which is actually today, True life is on about street racing. I think that will be better.

·
Registered
113 Posts
GlowingTegGs-R on Aug/08/02 said:
Ya I saw that, it was pretty wicked. Tomorrow the 8th which is actually today, True life is on about street racing. I think that will be better.
What station and what time?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Definetly interesting

·
Registered
134 Posts
I don't really race my car at the races anymore, I just go down there to watch other people race. I go to the track when I feel the need... the need for speed.

·
Registered
321 Posts
ha yeah i saw it, i wonder what they had in there cars? i have a feeling it was pure ricer's with riceburners haha ok enough bout rice hehe i liked when she got the pit t- shirt with a venom logo mtv asked the girl what venom was and she replied "ummmm they make imports" hahahaha makes imports i didnt know venom was a car manufacturer, also she prolly has no idea that its a nitrous/parts company. not to bash on anyone but i hate it when people act like there hot sh*t with there cars and dont know much about them or the real import scene. dont worry i wont bash anyone on here because this board is pretty clean and rice free as far as i see it. yeah id defintly keep it at the track the only time i would open it up on someone is if they gave me a thumbs down or were talkin sh*t about my ride i would have to put a raw look on there face after i pull on them car after car legnth

·
Registered
61 Posts
MTV will most likely show it on a re-run. Just keep checking the listings. As for the effect it had...on me it had little effect. When I was younger, I did all of that and it was fun....it's something I felt I had to experience for myself. Yea, it's dangerous...but that's also part of the fun (just being honest). No matter what they do or say...street racing will ALWAYS happen....it's been happening since the beginning of fast street cars.

All-in-all, it was a good show. Can't wait for tomorrows show.

·
Registered
83 Posts
the show was ok i know the grl that was on it she was shocked by the whole thing. she was evn scared to drive for like 2 weeks after the whole deal. she used to work at Vinylmayhem & Mayhem motorsports. her cars koo jus the basic intake, header, and exhast.

·
Registered
321 Posts
who the hell would wanna do that tv show, can you honestly go on that show and be all bad ass and brag how your a hardcore street racer and how bad ass you are. haha i guess you get your lesson in the end when they make you look like a fool and your family is on mtv treatin you like your 8. yeah we know what street racing is, keep it on the track and talk your shizznit there dont act like a street warrior hehe
i think havin show and go is good and takin time to check out eachothers rides, i think the momentum builds when you take your cars to the track and not street race. my friend with his civic si got pulled cause some mexican in a ford jocus was chasin after him tryin to start sh*t and he was runnin away from the jocus and a cop just happand to be around and pulled my friend and the jocus split the other way, the cop thought he was street racing and gave him a ticket and my friend fought it costing him over 800 bucks for laywers fees so he could keep his liscense and not do community service. that alone scares me and will make me think before racin on the streets

·
Registered
302 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Aug/07/02 said:
Street racing = illegal & dangerous

Take it to the track where it is legal and much safer.
you ever think we all can't go to a track? what if there isent a track avalible? not to rip i just think us racers have a bad name...me and my friends have got a deal with a bussnice owner to meet in his parking lot...we are all very safe and do not just let anyone race...there are racers who think

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
That girl was a lil *****, all talking sh*t about how she was gonna kick everyones asses especially the guys then she breaks down and cries like a lil wimp.
Im sorry you have to be so retarded to cry because your getting your car impounded, and the cop couldnt prove sh*t theres suspicion of street racing not the real thing. The kid that watched his own funeral, that was dumb if I saw that happening I just would have left that was retarded. It had little to no effect on me and if I was either one of those kids I know I would go and street race in about an hour, I think it had no effect on them. Ricockulous, just ricockulous.

·
Registered
301 Posts
thats true that street racing has been going on since, well forever. but it seems that it got to a different level since the import scene blew up. i think b/c the import scene is more "flashy" than the old muscle car, or any car for that matter. and more teenagers are appealed to that...even the ones who know nothing about racing, like that girl you guys are talking about(i didnt see the show unfortunately). and when you have a teenager who is ****y, but has no idea of what theyre getting into, chances are theres gonna be a bad outcome. i also think the fast & the furious is semi-responsible. after that movie, the scene just got way way bigger.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
haha..i saw that..i was gonna post a thread about it too..but i just came on right now and sum1 already did it ..
..lol.. n e ways yea that girl needed a good slappin.... she was dumb..

·
Registered
276 Posts
Street racing is a very popular thing here. We have a 3 mile strectch w/2 lanes called the golden miles and at night is when everything happens. I would have to say about 2 wrecks every week. Not just from street racers but regular people who get in the way. There was a memeber who used to get on this site if anyone ever remembers his one post from awhile ago. NrG_SE said he was on the golden miles and this I was there for...he was comming up the strip and comming down was an eclipse and another car racing well the eclipse thought it was winning and decided to cut off the other car but his back end hit the front of the car and made the eclipse jump the median and slam into NrG_SE's teg and totaled it. It was not a pretty site to see. An eclipse going 80 and slamming into a teg and then flipping and spinning around. The other car left the scence but the eclipse was torn into 2 and the teg was smashed up in the front and both totaled.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i think almost everyone here has done their fair share of street racing. Here where i live, it is a very controlled situation, there arent ever more than 20 people there and even if there is, they are all at the start line, so we can avoid NrG_SE's happening. Street racing is an adrelaline rush, and i love it, but in a controlled area(no traffic). Now racing down main street with high traffic....straight stupid. its not the racing that scares me when we are out at the races, its the consequences with the law when the person your racing screws up and wrecks, what did they say they were charging her with?? some type of involuntary manslaughter.....i dunno, its just not worth it to me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts