Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a set of MSD wires for my 97 GS from www.planetperformance.com. They had one set for GSR and R and another set for LS and RS. I know my car has the same engine as the LS and RS. When I went back to check them out again I saw it said for SOHC. I checked my owners manual and I have a DOHC engine. So I called back and tried to cancel the order and the guy said they may have already shipped. I always thought that all 94 and up Integras were DOHC. Someone please check out the site and see if they will fit. You can also look at them on www.msdignition.com. If they won't work please let me know what brand you guys are running. Oh, they have others and if I have to exchange, my engine code is B18B1 correct?

Thanks a million!

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
You should stick with stock spark plug wires. Nothing beats them and they aren't very expensive. I've seen studies that show even 5 year old stock wires have a lower mis-fire rate then many of these expensive aftermarket wires.

Take advantage of the millions Honda spends on R&D.

·
Registered
948 Posts
The stock wires have definitely been shown to be reliable and good for most street applications. So if they are in good shape there is no reason to replace them perfomrance wise.

however, there are some high quality aftermarket wires that IMHO are just as good as stock when new but may not have the longevity of stock. But, they look awesome.

So if your stockers are worn out and need replacing, and you want to dress up the engine bay a bit then a QUALITY pair of plug wires shouldn't impair performance and will look better. Just don't expect HP gains over a pair of new stockers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.