Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was planning on purchasing a MSD Ignition (Model # 6AL) and a DC Sport 4-1 or 4-2-1 header. I'm still trying to get some feedback on which models to go with and if they're really worth it. I'm also planning on adding a Jackson Racing supercharger on by November so I guess you'll have to take that into consideration. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Later,
Roach

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
get the model w/boost timing retard if ur running boost. and if ur going supercharged consider the kamikaze header. from what i read at this site, most of the guys recommend that for S/C applications. because it has short primaries and a larger collector. and get a larger piping exhaust. i see you have the gpower. you're choking urself w/ that setup when you put on the S/C.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? I purchased the car with it already installed. I like the sound but I have noticed how quiet it is so I knew it had to be somewhat restrictive. I may end up swapping it out when I get the supercharger. What is a good "free flowing" exhaust system?

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
with what installed? the exhaust? it doesn't say in ur post, but i checked ur profile so nevermind. well sound doesn't neccessarily tell you about your power. as for getting a new exhaust, with the kamikaze header, get one with a diameter the same size, if not, larger than the collector. i'm not sure on the collector's size. i think it's 2.75" buddy club and kakimoto are the only i know makes this size exhaust. there are 3" systems out there by thermal and apex. don't know of any others. oh yeah, get a shortram intake if u get the s/c.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
MSD BTM or 6AL (BTM better for boost) with soft touch rev limiter with either the HCV or anti-vibration version of the blaster 2 external coil. Get the MSD cap (save your stock cap for fututer use as a backup in case rather than drilling out the electrode for the coil wire). Even better is the MSD Digital 6: a little pricier than the BTM....but it is digital...more precise and faster.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts