Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is MSD's boost timing master compatible with a VAFC hack setup? Does the MSD system override the stock ECU timing settings? I'm just trying to make sure everything i'm doing will work in harmony. THanks

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Well I don't know the wiring part of it, but I can tell you this I just got my car back it's a level ten auto with a ls/vtec supercharged setup I have the VAFC running the VTEC and fuel settings and my mechanic just hooked up the MSD 6 BTM and the MSD HVC COIL, and YES everything is working fine with it. And yes they are compatible in my setup, but should be in yours also. Good luck.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome. do you need an external coil or any other ignition components to make the BTM work?

·
Registered
229 Posts
I ran 12.7s with my turbo ITR with that setup, I ran approximately 1/4 to 1/2 degree retard with the hack setup at 10 Psig. It is definitely a touchy setup and I never really got it running right. The VAFC setup advances timing so much that the BTM never has a chance to really pull timing before it's too late...I also use an external coil and MSD cap

1 - 4 of 4 Posts