Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, I just found a friend of mine with a Type R spoiler (black, the color of my car!) and I'm buying it from him tomorow...

My 94 teg LS doesn't have a spoiler though, is it possible to mount it myself without paying someone else to do it, any links or articles would help immensely... thanks!

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
look at the edges on the underside of your hatch. you'll see 2 indents in the metal where it looks like holes should be drilled...you drill there.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
if you mess up i have no sympathy for u..if u never done it before chances are your going to mess up..sorry if i seem like a jerk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your opinion Kinetic, because that was obviously a necessary and thought out response.

Next time you are in an asshole mood, just punch a pillow or something, dont take it out on us innocent forum lurkers :-(

·
Registered
114 Posts
Rather then open a new topic thread I will post my question here. Hope I don't screw up.

I just recieved a spoiler for a 4dr integra I have a 4dr integra and I hear if you look at the edge of the trunk you will know where to drill but what noone talks about is the size of the bit used. So my question is what size bit should I use to drill the holes.

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
actually the proper way to do it would be to use a punch to create a small hole in the metal and then use drill bits increasing in size until you reach the desired hole size. I've seen spoilers installed on Camry's when I worked as a lube tech at a Toyota dealer. Also make sure you measure twice and drill once.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
i put a GSR wing on mine and it turned out to loom like stock. just look for the holes on the outside of the hatch. make sure u punch it like shore96teg said. you want ur hole in the dead middle. it is very simple actually.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Look for the 2 holes under the hatch, drill them both out on each side and screw in the spoiler. I had no clue on how to do it till i actually looked underneth. Its really easy man ull figure it out

·
Registered
140 Posts
make sure too...if youre drilling from the underside up..to put painters tape over the top deck when you plan to drill through and to drill slow...even though it will be covered, you dont really want any paint chipping from drilling to hard or fast...

a chip will slowly get bigger..haha

goodluck!

·
Registered
114 Posts
i am getting my car painted in the next few months after I install my clutch. oem exedy replacment. I rather mount the spoiler then pay extra if its that easy.

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
96teggy088 on Mar/04/08 said:
Look for the 2 holes under the hatch, drill them both out on each side and screw in the spoiler. I had no clue on how to do it till i actually looked underneth. Its really easy man ull figure it out
if he has an oem gsr wing then he will need to drill 3 holes on each side. 4 for the screws, one for that plastic clip thing on the driver side and one for the LED brake light wiring.

Also when you are done drilling you should paint the edges of the holes with something so they don't oxidize. At the very least use clear nail polish.

·
Banned
9,126 Posts
ill go take some pics for oyu right now.... just cuz im feeling up to it haha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts