Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
one bolt goes into the seat bracket. Another bolt goes into your existing bolt hole from where you took out your old seat belts.--Thats for the lap belt section.
As for the top belts that go over your shoulder those you can mount to your floor by drilling a hold in the back and welding a plate undeneth your car. As for the 5th part(if you want a strap rubbing your nuts) that would mount in the front of the seat same as the back. I have pics of my car with a 4 pt harness if you want to see that.

·
Registered
86 Posts
some magazines said its dangerous to bolt the shoulder belt on the floor, the force from an accident could crush your shoulders. thats wut i read. from some either importtuner,or super street a jan issue

·
Registered
86 Posts
if its bolted on the floor and a force of an accident from the front your body would move forward. and that would make the seat belts pull down, but if its on a bar behind you its different. i really cant explain. but thats wut the magazine said, and if u think about it ,it'll make sense

·
Super Moderator
14,200 Posts
Not only the roll over danger but if they are mounted wrong they could compress the spine and cause more harm then good.

If the belt is put to use in an accident it will pull you towards the point it is mounted. If it's mounted on the floor behind you it will pull you down and compress your spine. It needs to be properly mounted behind your shoulders. That way if your in an accident it pulls you against the seat and keeps you in place. If you get one it should come with directions on how to mount it. The best way is to the cage that you should have to go with the harness.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The way I did it in one of my cars is to attach the shoulder belts to the "rear" seat belt anchor point, but that was in a smaller car, don't know if your belts will reach that far.
The "nicest" way to do it is to weld achor points on your B-piller and make it so you can use secure pins to hold a bar in place to said anchor points when you use your belts. This will also help with chassis stiffness a bit.

·
Registered
299 Posts
TheFifthSpeed on Feb/22/04 said:
one bolt goes into the seat bracket. Another bolt goes into your existing bolt hole from where you took out your old seat belts.--Thats for the lap belt section.
As for the top belts that go over your shoulder those you can mount to your floor by drilling a hold in the back and welding a plate undeneth your car. As for the 5th part(if you want a strap rubbing your nuts) that would mount in the front of the seat same as the back. I have pics of my car with a 4 pt harness if you want to see that.
do u have a pic of that 4pt harness? ..jsut wondering where exatly it was mounted....i got 4pth harness with stock seats

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
I have a 5 point. But I only use it for racing.
I also use the stock seat belt, at the same time.
The over the shoulder belt goes to the rear stut tower bar. Thus one seat is useless.
I had a friend of mine that does inside of show cars cut and added the 5th point through my stock seat. He did an very good job. Get you pics in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
TheFifthSpeed on Feb/22/04 said:
Well if an accident that hard ocured then i would take a broken colar bone over something more serious if the harness wasn' there. Also what diffrence whould be had if it bolted to the floor or to a roll bar/cage?
I'd rather have a 3 pt. regular belt in an accident than a 5 pt. without a rollbar.

·
Registered
79 Posts
jojo on Mar/20/04 said:
I have a 5 point. But I only use it for racing.
I also use the stock seat belt, at the same time.
The over the shoulder belt goes to the rear stut tower bar. Thus one seat is useless.
I had a friend of mine that does inside of show cars cut and added the 5th point through my stock seat. He did an very good job. Get you pics in a couple of weeks.
what kind of strut tower bar do you use? I think but am not totaly certain that the mounting bar for the over the shoulder harness needs to be 2 inches in diameter. Most Strut Tower Bars are not that thick.

Also when mounting the anti submarine belt (5th belt) it needs to be under the first part of the seat not out in front, as it will not work quite as well.

my perosnal choice is without a roll bar a 5 pt harness is not a safe enough option.

with a shoulder harness bar (lokar makes one i think) its safer for front collision but still not for roll overs.

my seat and 3'' RCI harness are waiting for my roll bar to come in

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
It's definitely a safety hazard to use a harness in a regular car without any cage or roll/harness bar. Mainly because you can't mount it properly without one, so your seatbelt then becomes the cause of your injury as well. The other of course being in the rare event that you do get into a rollover, your neck is trapped so your head becomes the roll bar. So even if the rollover is not serious, if the car ever does leave it's wheels, you have no chance.

And yes these things are rare, but that's the whole point of safety equipment, to protect you in the rare event that something does happen. Purchasing safety equipment that makes driving less safe, now that's an investment.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
track1646 on Mar/25/04 said:
Quote: jojo on Mar/20/04I have a 5 point. But I only use it for racing. I also use the stock seat belt, at the same time.
what kind of strut tower bar do you use? I think but am not totaly certain that the mounting bar for the over the shoulder harness needs to be 2 inches in diameter. Most Strut Tower Bars are not that thick.

Also when mounting the anti submarine belt (5th belt) it needs to be under the first part of the seat not out in front, as it will not work quite as well.

my perosnal choice is without a roll bar a 5 pt harness is not a safe enough option.

with a shoulder harness bar (lokar makes one i think) its safer for front collision but still not for roll overs.

my seat and 3'' RCI harness are waiting for my roll bar to come in
I also use the stock belt so the tech guy's at the autocrosses don't have a problem with it.

I have a slit in the stock seat for the 5th point. It goes through the stock seat to the floor pan.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.