Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
with the labor you pay to do it (unless you're doing it yourself), it would be cheaper to just buy a used LS block, but then you run the risk of getting a motor that is DOA... but then again, you have a chance of things going wrong on a new rebuilt motor as well. But atleast it's less expensive.

Wouldn't hurt to run a leakdown test on a longblock before purchasing it if possible, then you can get a good idea of the health of the block & head.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
but a shortblock, rebuild that, then swap heads! thats the cheap way to go without worrying about the condition of a used engine.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think im goin to rebuild the motors i got, but is it possible to put gsr pistons in a ls block? i got a b16a2 head. im juss not to sure how bad my pistons are, and my friend has gsr pistons hes willing to sell me. let me know.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I think this should answer your question. Its from the swapping parts for power article

c) Rule 3: Any B series piston will directly fit onto any B series rod without milling or machining , EXCEPT the B18C's and B16B {i.e. the "R family" of rods} .

The connecting rod bearing width on the B16A,B17A, B20B/Z, and B18A/B is apporoximately 19.5 mm. The connecting rod bearing width for the B18C1, B18C5, and B16B is approximately 17.5 mm (ca. 1.4-2mm narrower at the crank). The same narrower width happens at the small end of the rod. The B18C small end width is approx. 2mm narrower than the other Honda B series rods' small end width.

LS owners who want more compression, you can this from a B16A and B17A piston and it is a direct fit at the piston pin to your rod.If you want to put a narrower B18C piston onto your rod, you must mill 1 mm off each side of the rod at the small end to fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.