Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
not motor mounts...motor mount inserts. Energy Suspension's polyurathane inserts work nicely, according to SurferX.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i heard the energy suspensions aren't as stiff as the prothanes. my buddy has prothanes and when he first put them in everything shook like crazy. i opted to fill my mounts with black rtv and they are almost as stiff as my buddy's prothanes but less shake.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I love my ES kits, not much vibration and wheel hop greatly reduced. I am planning on getting the Prothane kit as well to fill in the remaining 2 mounts. The Prothane kit offers a "race" install for the side mount and will probably give you lots of vibration at idle. The "race" insert on the Prothane kit is hard as rock.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I'd probably go with the Prothane "street" install if I was doing just the three mounts and not all five. It just depends how much vibration you can put up with at idle I guess. The stiffer it is the less wheel hop you get but also the more vibration. You can't have stiffer and less vibration it just doesn't work that way. Also stiffer mounts will cause engine vibrations from imperfect clutch engagement to be much more noticeable so you have to be a little better with the clutch too.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The major mount is the rear. I have the Hasport solid rear and it makes all the difference. Inserts are good but nothing can compare to a solid mount. My future setup includes: solid rear, es inserts on lowers(stock rubbe mounts injected with hardening material), Uppers filled with ultra hardening material and rubber injected.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I have all 5. I used the es/prothane combo. I did the rear mount using the prothane mount. I sold the rear es mount to a buddy of mine. Thats all he's running and he said it hops less! Wheel hop is not a problem for me anymore, except for that last little bit when the tires hook. on my slicks they dont even hop that much. And yes the vibration is there.

Its all a matter of what pisses you off the most, wheelhop that rattles your teeth out and kills 60ft. or a little vibration at idle.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
As of right now, I just have the left and right upper Prothane mount inserts. I've noticed significant less wheel hop, but it still does happen when I hit it real hard. I am planning on doing the rear as soon as I find the ambition to put it in. With is set up like this, there's only a slight vibration in the steering column at idle, and dropped a tenth off my 60 ft. times.

·
Registered
176 Posts
If my mounts are broken(well the rubber inside), is the inserts a good idea or should I go ahead and spend the big cash for new mounts??

·
Registered
264 Posts
Ya, racingworks is the place to go. $29 like surfer said. If your mount is torn already though, I'd get the new one from Honda then put in the inserts. I wouldn't just put the insert in with a torn mount.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts