Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, so right now all I'm looking at is a new Muffler, I will be slowly upgrading the rest of the exhaust latter when i have more money, but I have a problem, i don't now what to get. Just so you are aware i do have a bit of rice in me and that rice shows when it comes to exhaust, I was looking at the Flowmaster 60 series and went to youtube to look for a vid that involved a Integra and a 60 series, but i didn't, i found a Gen2 Integra with a Flowmaster 40 and it sounded not to bad, but what I'm really wanting to now here is whats the difference between a B18B and a B20Z2 motor? In the vid the gen2 is a "B20Z2 with free flow cat,2.25 exhaust, and Flowmaster 40 series" If I were to put a 40 series onto my car would it sound similar?

thanks for the help

·
Registered
260 Posts
Where to begin. First of all, You can find decent exhaust systems for pretty good prices. (i.e. Tsudo) Do some searching as far as reviews on it. I wouldnt just get a Flowmaster muffler for a G3. Maybe a G2. You can also find axle backs pretty cheap too. Best bet would be to just save up the money and keep looking on here or "E-Gay" and try and pic up a used one.

As far as the motor question. B18B1 is out of a USDM Integra. The B20Z2 is out of a CRV. It's a larger displacement motor.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
yeah i would definity get a used cat back off "E-Gay"(lol) before i would get just a muffler, Some of those mufflers are pretty expensive..

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$100 for the muffler, i didn't think that was to bad. Considering you pay twice as much for a cat back and all you get is a bit of piping. Pipe is the cheap part.

·
Registered
260 Posts
If all you want is the sound then you can go the el cheapo route and just get a muffler. If it is performance you are wanting just changing the muffler isn't going to do much. If anything at all. Read up on the Exhaust info article. Yes you are paying for the piping. You are paying for stainless steel. You are paying for the mandrel bends which will promote better exhaust flow, thus giving more power and torque.

The final decision is yours. only you know what your plans are and what you want out of the car. I would suggest that you read the articles dealing with anything performance related.

Knowledge is key.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Andy on Sep/21/07 said:
Where to begin. First of all, You can find decent exhaust systems for pretty good prices. (i.e. Tsudo) Do some searching as far as reviews on it. I wouldnt just get a Flowmaster muffler for a G3. Maybe a G2. You can also find axle backs pretty cheap too. Best bet would be to just save up the money and keep looking on here or "E-Gay" and try and pic up a used one.

As far as the motor question. B18B1 is out of a USDM Integra. The B20Z2 is out of a CRV. It's a larger displacement motor.
Tsudo is NOT a good brand half the time people have fitment issues theyre either too short or too long. Ive even heard the fiberglass packing inside comes out. save your money and buy a real exhaust no reason to waste money now just because you want "sound".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.