Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey TI, I was just curious if anybody here is familiar with the break-in procdure described here:
www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

I've always known of the "old" ways of engine break in. I'm not sure what to think about this, it makes sense but it also seems risky. My question is, has anybody tried this procedure? Or known somebody directly that has?

P.S. I put this in the performance section becuase of the claim of increased performance. And also, becuase I couldn't think where it would belong, so if I'm wrong I apologize.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I say its worth a try. This does make sense as when i recently rebuilt an engine I leti t idle for a total of probably 10 minutes before It was given a LOT of hard revving, not actually driving but revving, on a block that had over 120k miles on it, and just the new rings sealed a perfect 195-200 psi all across the cylinders which surprised me since i expected the cylinder walls to be fckd up over 120k miles in a car that was definitely not taken care of

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Da1witskilz on Sep/08/07 said:
I say its worth a try. This does make sense as when i recently rebuilt an engine I leti t idle for a total of probably 10 minutes before It was given a LOT of hard revving, not actually driving but revving, on a block that had over 120k miles on it, and just the new rings sealed a perfect 195-200 psi all across the cylinders which surprised me since i expected the cylinder walls to be fckd up over 120k miles in a car that was definitely not taken care of
Did you have the cylinders honed?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So that works? I've always been told to hone the cylinder walls when installing new rings. So it can work huh? Hmm....*thinking* My friends was going to upgrade pistons but was waiting for the down time becuase of having to hone cylinders....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll say, that makes me excited. We may be able to get those new pistons in sooner. But is there a particular way to go about it? Or is it just a simple, install pistons, rings and then break in?

·
Registered
593 Posts
ughh not true...rebuild motors or ppl wit new piston rings it does apply

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.