Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well since no one ever responded to this thread i may as well turn it into a new one

I have a green 96 3dr ls and it has a set of fat fives on it
well right now im pretty sick of these rims but still like the idea of having black rims on my car so i started to look around

now my debate is whether i should go for a set of black 15in motegi traklites with toyo proxes 4 tires. 2 have about 40% tread left and 2 have about 80% tread left

and here my crappy attempt at ps

and a good ps

and some actual pics of the traklites

or a set of 15in black rota slips with 195-50-15 Toyo Proxes tires with about 80% tread all around
no real pics but everyone knows what rota slips look like and here they are on a green teg (thanks TI member thermal)

so the prices on the two are close enought that it doesnt matter and they seem to be in the same condition (as what slips guy said) and i think they will both look great on my teg so the question is which one is better for performance or any other factors that i havent looked at

well any and all help will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
if i had the choice i would get the slips.. i always wanted slips.. but all my friends say rota is gay, thats comming from "rich friends" but i dont care.. ill get wat i can afford, so slips all the way for me..

·
Registered
623 Posts
get the motegis...this is actually a good motegi wheel...not one you can buy at pep boys...forged and 14 lbs...but the main reason i would get them is to run something different than slips...everybody and there mom has slips

·
Registered
368 Posts
integgy15 on Feb/02/06 said:
get the motegis...this is actually a good motegi wheel...not one you can buy at pep boys...forged and 14 lbs...but the main reason i would get them is to run something different than slips...everybody and there mom has slips
"everyone has slips" is a bad reason not to get the slips. (I'm not flaming ya bro, just discussing =P) Personally, I like the way the slips look, however, you should decide if you want the lighter wheel or the cheaper one. Up to you.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for all the advice guy i think im gonna go slips

my main cons against em were the fact they were rotas (mixed feelings) and since slips are like the most common rim out right now pretty much

but since they have the better tread, are cheaper by about 50 bucks, have lower profile tires, and imo look cleaner/nicer

thanks for makin this decision seem kinda easy

...gotta love TI

·
Registered
801 Posts
I was gonna do those strips down the side of my car after I saw yours. But then I decided I didn't want to be labeled as rice. But thats a sweet car and BTW good choice to go with the slips.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
that pic look no where close to rice man. he made the body kit work too. looks straight. i have rota slips in flat black and they're light as hell. i love em. but alotta ppl do have slips. the motegis are 14 pounds. so weight wise and price wise its almost the same. and alotta ppl say do what u want with ur car, but thas y ur asking us. i'd say flip a coin. theres not much difference in performance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.