Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm bored sitting at work right now. What is your most embarrassing driving moment?

Mine would have to be a few years ago, before I got my teg. I had a 1988 Black GMC S-15 with black outs on the front lights & rear lights. It was night & my friend & I were leaving a 7-eleven. Well, I wanted to go left, but with those blackouts, I didn't notice the median. Well, these 2 chics were checking us out & enjoying the loud stereo I had when they pulled in. I tried to play it off cool & drove out...Next thing, BAM! Here I go over the median & those two chics were laughing their ass off. Needless to say, I didn't even want to attempt going back to ask for a number, lol.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
You not the only one that is bored at work.

I have to say when I had my 87 Nissan Pulsar I was flying through the parking lot doing about 80mph I jumped the median (over by Twinbrook and Aspenhill road where the Safeway). I didnt see the median it was pitch black outside (1:00am) after about 5 min a cop came by and ask averything ok. I said my car was leaking (it was, winshield fluid) after chating with the cop for about 5-10 min, he left. Boy I got so lucky that the cop didnt see it and second that my windshield fluid tank busted....

and the other time was (same car) I was flying through some development and I made a 90degree turn in front of 8 good looking cute girls doing about 60mph I did a 360 turn and landed in the sewer ditch the person that live across the street saw it he went back in the house (prob. calling the cops) I took off, went to the gas station again I busted the windsheild fluid tank and I bent one wheel. That day my cuzion could not belive what I did that day and he is still talking about it up to now....

There are alot of other one....
I was bad when I was 17

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
luckily for me this happened with the old car i used to drive, i was leaving from work i was driving behind my dad and when getting out of this place we were going to do a right turn, and he started to go, and i was following him but looking to my left to make sure no cars were coming and took off, i didn't notice my dad had stopped and rammed into him. i was just laughing the whole way home cause i knew what he was gonna say. PAY ATTENTIoN.

·
Registered
243 Posts
the same thing happened to me with my geo storm i measured the entrance to the driveway and i had just gotten my lic. went right over a curb and on to the grass. and there was a cop in the parking lot. ihad 2 other people in the car with me

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
a few years ago I was at a red light and too busy talking to a friend next to me that I started to drive through when the car next to me did.

Well the car next to me was in a turn lane so I basicly started through the red light right in front of the people turning from the other direction. Didn't realalize it until I was half way through and right in front of oncoming traffic,just had to step on it and finish going through

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
i would say the most embarrassing moment was when i test drove a 99 integra LS manual from the acura dealer..and my first time driving an integra, i wasnt aware of the close-ratio gears (compared to toyota V6 truck manual..=P) and so i was leaving a red light that jsut turned green and bam..car stalls and dies (drove when i still had my permit)..and the truck next to me just screeched to a stop..looked at me like i was crazy..so i started the engine again..adn tahts when i fell in love with integras..i just went outta there..peeled a bit and redlined 1st and 2nd perfectly and then slowed down to 60 (50 speed zone)..i loevd it!!!..and it was just a LS..=)...

i ahve no clue why the truck next to me stopped when i did...maybe he stalled??..or maybe the guy was checking the integra out..=).. or else thought he was gonna race..he was driving a ford truck..haha..oh well..felt kinda stupid

·
Registered
408 Posts
I can still keep this Integra related...

Awhile ago I was driving on the interstate behind my friend; he was in his Integra GSR and I was in my LS. We were on our way to meet up with a bunch of other imports on another side of town. Well this other red GSR comes up beside us and keeps looking at us. My friend wants to give them a little show so he downshifts and takes off. So me, being the slow LS figures "what the hell, might as well." I downshift to 3rd and take off, with this GSR right beside me. Well stupid me, as I go to shift into 4th, I somehow miss-shift and slam it down into SECoND! OMG this horrible noise came from my engine bay and my car lurched. The guys in the GSR laughed and laughed and laughed. I probaly would've done the same thing if I were them, but I felt really dumb. Oh well, life goes on. hehe

Evan

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Quote: tegragsr94 on Aug/28/02driving my old car everyday for 2 years[/QUOTE]hahaha..i know how u feel..i ahve to drive my dad's 91 toyota pick up tahts all rusted now that he got a new tundra..no teg yet..truck go bye bye teg say hi this winter or spring..=)
Edit:91 Truck

u dont see the rust but its tehre..and the tree..eehh..too lazy to move truck up..=P

·
Registered
36 Posts
1979 toyota celica st auto with 90 flywheel horsepower and it was brown with vynil interior. had a bumpin system in it and it was rearwheel drive so it was fun to beat the hell out of. but man it was embarrassing to drive

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
3rd day with my license im with my boy headin over to his house, i see a deer coming so i freak out and cut the wheel waaaaaaaaaay to hard to the left, next thing i know i had swirved into oncoming traffic so i cut the wheel waaaaaaaaaay to hard to the right and ended up in the woods, the deer lived and thankfully so did i, my civic was instantly totaled though and i can say this, if i ever seem bambi again shes gonna get it, even if i do damage my teg ill never let that happen again

the worst pic:

you can view the entire gallery of my totaled civic Here

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
When I got beat by a Hyundai Accent....

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Buying a Auto LS....

I'm new to this driving deal. This integra is my first car.. Well back when i first got my license.. I tried to do this awesome move in a parking lot at a restaurant. I basically drove backwards from one parking spot to another. But stupid me... i floored it and i'm on my way to the 2nd spot.. and there was this pick up truck that had this bumper that was curved into the parking spot.. So when i parked all i heard was CRACK CRUSH CRUSH... My driver side fender was crushed like a tin can.. Yea go me.. first week wit my license and car..

Another story was when 2 cute girls called me to drive them to the mall. Well i picked them up.. drove off.. taking a right turn too sharp and running my rear wheel up the curb.. Boy i felt so cool with them in the car after that one...

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
LOL, just joking.

I was coming home from some girls house and it was January and I washed my car right before I left. My driveway is inclined and it goes down into the garage. So I was going down it in my Camaro and I went to brake, uh oh, hit the water that froze from washing my car and it was pure ice. Ended up sliding right into my shed! I took out the right door and got out of my car and looked it over and I only took the paint off of my left headlight, it was a miracle that it didn't dent or anything. I was so mad though. Had to get it repainted and fix my moms shed. Hehe, she was pretty mad.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
ahh...the most embarrassing was in in my 87 celica gt. the clutch & tranny were already gone but i still drove it. I was going down the main street of my town bumping the system i had at the time. I come to a stop and keep the car in first with the clutch to the floor. However, with the clutch pretty much shot, the car was pulling itself so to combat it, i put my foot on the brake and held. So the car stalls and the light turns green. The tranny is stuck in 1st so i had to try starting it. Everyone's watching as my car jumps forward on every crank making a horrid sound! EVERYoNE on the sidewalk and street was laughing! God i'm glad that car is dead!

stupidest? it was snowing and the roads SEEMED clear. i was in my aforementioned car above but before the problems were occuring. I'm going down this road going fast (stoooopit!) when suddenly i notice i don't have control of the steering! i slam the brakes, slide into the embankment of a corner property, JUMP their fence, land back on the road, and totally mess up the lower front air-dam on my car (replaced it for 175)...that was stupid!

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Oh man, dont feel bad stalling your car out. I let me sister drive my GTI to her work oh man she was scared she might stall it (she is ameture to manual trans) the whole front end of the car was bouncing so she decide to run the red light spun the tires (big huge intersection) there was a cop sitting at the traffic light across from her and he just looked at her (they made eye contaced) the cop didnt do anything once she got to work she called me to come in pick up my car (she was to scared to drive it home) I picked up my car with my cuzion (2am, I have to be at work at 7am)I got there and she yelled and yelled at me and I was just laughing so hard I told you about 5 times do you know how to drive stick she said yes to everyone. I got lucky the clutch didnt fryed up....

1 - 20 of 59 Posts