Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone think that a blown strut could cause such a bad time at the track. 15.4 @ 90mph with a 2.4 60ft. ride - ek with gsr i/h/e/vafc tuned to 160whp and 118 lbs tourque weighing in at 2620 with driver? car bounces and kinda jolts before it moves kinda like a bad motor mount or a blown strut or the car surging?i think its the strut though cuz i no for a fact its blown. i have the kyb agx gas with r1 coilovers?

·
Registered
4,748 Posts
it all depends on your driving...that 60ft time isnt horrible, but i've gotten 2.2's in my gsr many times. you should be able to tell on the launch if you are having a real problem. can you go into greater detail of how the car reacts when you launch?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well ive tried numerous launch techmiques, i ve tried a 4000rpm launch so im right in vtec dragging the clutch, and the tires spin a littel then i go, ive tried doing the same at 2500 and 3500 and the same 60ft times, tires spin a littel then i go. then i tried dumpin it at 4500 while feathering the gas and pulled a 2.40 60ft?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
does it bounce for a while?....does it seem like tire bounce?? the jolting is probably a mount or a cv joint...eigther way, they go hand in hand.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i can chirp 3rd on the street but at the track wenever i go to bang gears its like the whole front of the car is like if you were going over a bumpy section of the road or if u make a constant noise and hit urself in the cheast repeatidly thats the sound and what the car feels and makes. i have stock steel wheels on there set to 20psi and even tried 15psi lately?????

·
Registered
493 Posts
civicek9coupe on Mar/04/04 said:
do you think it could be so bad as to take off a full second or so
if it's a rear shock that's blown, probably more than 1 second. if the weight shifts to the rear severely then u r losing traction up front. i have the kyb agx's too and i can tell a slight difference in acceleration just from increasing the rears by 1. i suggest some better springs or coil-overs and a new shock/strut.

the vibration when u take off sounds like "wheel hop"

·
Registered
611 Posts
check your motor mounts. You don't want to chirp anyway, because chirping means loss of traction which also means less power to the ground. Tracks are stickier than streets anyway, thats why your probably not chirping 3rd anymore. Check your mounts.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
could it be a bad motor mount or could it be just not tourqued down enough, also could it be the touque mounts cuz on most swapps they turn out bad. wut should i look for in a bad motor mount besides it being cracked? also solutions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts