Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
I've never seen one of those before! $160 seems like an OK price to me too, if it does actually help w/ rigidity... which it probably does!

·
Registered
389 Posts
ive seen a couple of real race integras with those. coupled with a roll cage and the rest of your sway/strut tower bars, you would have a pretty stiff teg!

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
I have seen some ITR guys with it in. What prevents me from considering it at this point, is how it pretty much prevents you from having rear passangers. Unless it is really easy to remove and install, it wouldn't be worth the hassel to put it on every time I want to AutoX unless it made a HUGE difference.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
lol, true snvin... but this would be like "the bar of broken necks" if you ever had to stop suddenly ;)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
ive heard something bout this...the rumor is it works wonders...someone should get one and tell us if it really works.

btw this just equals out the amount of leg room that they dont have too

·
Registered
8,532 Posts

Here is another one, you can see where it is in relation to passangers would be.

Supposidly its pretty easy to add/remove, just a few 14mm bolts? The TypeR Guys that tried it out, seamed to like the results and felt it was worth the $150 price.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
It seems like if you would have to drill holes along the frame.

And $160 isn't a bad investment consider most of us folks chip out around $100 and $75 dollars for front and rear strut bars for show purposes anyways for daily driving [ don't tell me you guys think you are turning hard enough in daily driving to put those bars in to good use?!?!? ]

I would consider this bar, however, if it is required to drill holes then I'll have to think about it. And about the issue of killing your rear passengers, I'd just heavy duty wrap that bar in some padding, and if they still don't like it. Tough.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
I think it uses the seatbelt mounting points to attach?

I will have to take a look when I get my car back ;)

·
Registered
96 Posts
a friend of mine put one in his G2 2 weeks ago and he said that he could feel a difference. He said that the ass end seems to follow the rest of the car alot more closly in hard turns and cornering. He made his though and there is no drilling involved, at least the way that he did it. He mounted it to the seatbelt bolts. Looks awesome too. I'm making one in a few weeks hopefully when I get some time.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Alright I checked JDMhondaparts and they have two different bars. one is similar to the Integra rear trunk brace that has been up for debate about it's performance aspects for $160. I think the ITR brace is probably cheaper in a situation like this.

The bar in the pics above is $260, about the cost of a decent sway bar. I'm sure the sway bar does more damage than this bar, but would make a nice piece to complement an entire suspension system. If it does in fact bolt to the seatbelts, than whoo I'm all in when I can get some dough together. It looks easy to take off and on too.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
hey here's another stiff stuff item. it's for ek civics though. i wonder if they make them for dc's? what do you guys think? i guess it's kind of like getting a strutbar and that rear trunk bar. would this have the same affect as this item? or would it give more rigidity because it's all integrated into one piece? wonder if it will fit onto a dc chassis?

link to site
pic

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yup, looks like it has little "U" brackets that attach to the rear belt mounts and then the bar fits in and bolts into the "U". Wonder if a 3-point harness would still bolt-up without cutting up the plastic??

I am still leary on how much this bar will help due to the fact that it is towards the top of the unibody and not anywhere near the lower chassis suspension pieces.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Dann Kherb on Sep/27/02 said:
I was surfing around jdmhondaparts.com and came accross this J's Racing Pillar bar in their 'new stuff' section. I must say, I want one. I dont know the specifics, but it looks like this would really stiffin up your ass. What do you guys think?
Tweakmeister had it done

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
this weekend since i'll be relaxing, i will see about building my own... ill let you all know.

·
Registered
25 Posts
There is a member on G2IC who makes them for G2's. They shouldn't be hard to make with a little stock, a couple bolts, and a welder. If I didn't have to carry passengers I would probably make one for my car.

·
Registered
87 Posts
96dc2 on Sep/29/02 said:
hey here's another stiff stuff item. it's for ek civics though. i wonder if they make them for dc's? what do you guys think? i guess it's kind of like getting a strutbar and that rear trunk bar. would this have the same affect as this item? or would it give more rigidity because it's all integrated into one piece? wonder if it will fit onto a dc chassis?

link to site
pic
Without crossbars to triangulate, I don't see how this would be any stiffer than two separate bars.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts