Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, is there any more power to be gained by simply upgrading air intake and exaust? If so could I get some suggestions on a classy set up that will sound low key but maybe a little tumble when you get in the ribbies.. ribbies =RPM's.. 1990 integra LS B18A1

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wouldn't say sizable gains by any means but yes, there is a little extra pep to be had with these easy bolt-ons. It all depends on how much you want to spend really.

True cold air intakes (not eBay hot air intakes) will net you maybe 5-10hp but will cost you around $300. A full exhaust that actually sounds good? Easily $600-1000 and maybe around 5-15hp. That's being generous considering its a stock A1 with 140hp at the crank 27 years ago..

That being said, I had an ebay header and cheap yonaka cat back that sounded okay. Eventually the muffler came apart, got hella ricey and I bought a flowmaster FX and an eBay resonator and it actually sounds decent now. Just a little rice after 4k rpm. All told maybe $550 with it getting welded up at a shop. I was trying to post a vid through the attachments thing but it wasn't working for me. New video by Jacob Ramsdell I'm pretty sure you'll be able to view that link but maybe not. Lemme know. Thats the current exhaust setup. Ebay 4-2-1 header, yonaka catback from a EF civic chopped up with eBay res and flowmaster muffler.

As for the intake, I'd say leave it alone. The stock box on DA's utilize cold air anyway from that snorkle near the hood latch. Maybe go K&N filter if you want a cheap upgrade. Unless you start doing more to the engine internally, it doesn't seem worth it to me.

Flowmaster 71235-FlowFX Muffler 409S - 2.25 Offset In/ 2.25 Offset Out - DEALER

2.25" Glass Pack Glasspack Muffler - Full Boar Jones Exhaust

1 - 2 of 2 Posts