Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My moonroof isnt shutting all the way in my 98 ls, it moves back and forth fine just doesnt come down and close, are there two motors for the moonroof one to make it shut and one to move it back and forth, and why isnt it shutting, any help will do, thanxs

·
Registered
940 Posts
Make sure its dry around it, and remove any dust\dirt on the wheels, My moonroof wont close or shut when i just drove in a dusty area, or it just got washed, i have to manually PUSH it, to help it open\close

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the fuse its not blowm, it sounds like something is blocking it from shutting down, it moves back and forth smooth just wont shut, its dry and i wiped it down and its till not shuttin. I just wana know is there two motors in the moonroof one to move it backa nd forth the other to shut it?

·
Registered
96 Posts
i have the same problem with my moonroof today after sprying dw40. now i cant close it all the way. if you find anything please let me know so i can fix mines too. i think theres dust stuck in there??iono

·
Registered
31 Posts
I know theres a tool the car comes with to manually close and open the moon roof. I would try that, and if you cant close it manualy, then there is probably something blocking the moonroof along the track. There is only one motor.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
last time my moonroof motored along slowly & erratically.. was when there was a ton of crappity dirt stuck along the track.. i sprayed wd40/silicone spray and wiped it clean as a babys behind.. til the dirt was no more.. its like trying to hear with earwax build up.. try that first.. you can put water in ur ear.. but until you wipe the earwax.. it's not helping much..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts