Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any advantage for getting a mono amp to power a sub over bridging a 2 channel amp?

mono amps seem to be a bit pricier and produce less power. any explainations?

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
one channel can power up to two subs. With a two channel amp your wasting a whole channel.

mono amps seem to be a bit pricier and produce less power. any explainations?
What amps where you looking at??

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was looking at the Rockford Fosgate 200M. i puts out 100watts RMS 4ohms. and 200watts RMS 2ohms.

i need an amp to power a Kicker Comp Vr 400watts RMS

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
yea man that rockford amp wont even touch that sub i bet.. i have a pioneer premier 2 channel that puts out around 300 watts, and 2 10" JLs... it doesnt bump really all that loud. im lookin into getting either a rockford or a kicker 800 watt amp right now

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
cloud_rev on Sep/03/02 said:
I was looking at the Rockford Fosgate 200M. i puts out 100watts RMS 4ohms. and 200watts RMS 2ohms.

i need an amp to power a Kicker Comp Vr 400watts RMS
If you only have one speaker why would you want a 2 channel amp. mono block amps where made for subs. How many ohms does the speaker run?

·
Registered
400 Posts
fosgate punch 200 monoblock? it would touch that sub..it'll push it pretty good too...either or would be fine...but the monoblocks made to take a beating...if its a dual 2...then just parallel it and bridge mono on a 2 ch amp...it should run fine...

·
Registered
457 Posts
I like the idea of bridging an 2 channel amp. If you get a quality high output amp and bridge it you'll have plenty of watts pushing you sub. Then if you decide to get something different you still have a 2 channel amp that you will be able to use. I think they are more versitle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts