Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed some water and I guess condensation in my rear tailight, just the right one. Is there an easy way to get rid of this?
Thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
when this happened to me, i took the tail light off, and put it by a heater so it'd evaporate, then put silicone on the inside of the tail light so it won't happen again, on the cracks and stuff

·
Registered
16 Posts
try drilling a hole into the back of the fixture to let some air circulate in there. i did that for my front lenses and it worked well.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
another taillight question...

i've seen all red integra taillights. is this a custom job the dude did, or are they JDM? or what?... i like they way they looked and was wondering. I would rather have a factory made red lens as opposed to tinting them all red.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
park it facing the sun, maybe try taking them off and see if the foam sealer thing is torn or something.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help everyone, I guess I'll try taking them off and heating them with a blow dryer and getting into the spaces to dry it out. I hope taking the tailight off isn't hard....

nospeedlimit143: The all red tailights were stock on 98-01 tegs.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I had (have) the same problem with my right taillight...sounds like this is a common problem. I was not sure what I was going to do to fix it, but there are a few ideas here I might try!
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Justeg on Sep/04/02 said:
try drilling a hole into the back of the fixture to let some air circulate in there. i did that for my front lenses and it worked well.
That sounds like a good idea. And what kind of silicon do people use or where do you get it. And what is "ignition sealer spray " and where would you get this?

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
sealent spray and all that can be bought at autozone, advanced, hell probable even wally world. not much, couple bucks per can.

everybody's tails do this I think... it's not cause age either, cause mine's a 99 and my from headlights do it some.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
you guys make a big deal about it being an old post but I bet if he just started a new thread he would have gotten the old " this has been covered SOOOO many times" routine alot of you guys like to thow out there. I am glad it was brought back up, after washing my car yesterday I just noticed the driverside front and rear lights had condensation in them.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
i have the same taillight problem (also leaking into the hatch
). i plan on double-gaskets...

·
Registered
310 Posts
I just took off my front bumper..took off the headlight assembly...got all the water out and sealed the hell out of the whole thing with clear all purpose silicone..

·
Registered
513 Posts
damn 4 years old lol.

but i have the same problem as well. I am more worried about the puddle in my hatch, and my front bumper falling off(damn hit and runs) that condensation. But whatever, i'll fix it soon enough

1 - 20 of 26 Posts