Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed an Air Dynamics SRI when I installed my new header. I love the sound, and the performance increase from the header/ intake install are pretty tangible.

But

I am wondering about the possibility of damaging my engine by driving in the rain.

I have heard that it is fatal to suck up water. I am wondering at what point I should feel the engine is threatened. What precautions should I take?

Is it neccessary to reinstall my factory airfilter for winter?

responses are greatly appreciated.

Phil

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
theres no way you should EVER get water up to your short ram

You'll be fine

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wheeew.

Thanks... I guess I just let myself get paranoid.

Phil

·
Registered
219 Posts
Wizard wizard wizard. i love you man i really do, but what are you so worried about? i could see how this is scary for cold air intakers, even though TI has discussed this several times a day and proven that unless you drive into the great floods without noahs ark you'll be alright. they even made the air bypass valve as a precaution to the cai, but short ram? unless you don't have a hood on you're car and you want to drive through a tsunami, you'll be cool man, don't worry so much. thats the reason i got short ram, i know its nearly impossible to suck up enough water in your CAI to cause engine block, but i've seen some bad puddles around here. and i already sniff the air like crazy everytime i smell something burning on the highway to make sure its not my baby, imagine me with CAI. can you say not cool? so believe me, i understand where you're coming from and i hope you get a sense of relief from what i wrote.

oh by the way... see you on saturday!

·
Registered
354 Posts
WAIT BE CAREFULL there is a 10% chance that if you fallow a HUMMER through a large lake that your SHORT RAM could suck a little water up.

JUST A LITTLE HUMOUR

·
Registered
219 Posts
i hope you don't take what i wrote the wrong way. hope you enjoy your new mods man, i wish i had free flowing headers. i bet there alot of fun too. man i wish i wasn't broke.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Thanks for all the input. Like I said, I was just feeling a little paranoid, thats all.

Fears are now taken care of.

Phil

Nap: Wait until you hear my car Saturday... A Header will become a priority to you like crack is a priority for crack heads...

·
Registered
411 Posts
My friend suked water into his engine on his civic with cai but it was like hurricne kinda rain but with short ram no its impossible unless you drive into lake haha

·
Registered
354 Posts
or fallow a hummer :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts