Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the subject says, Mobil Clean 5000.. Anyone have a issue with it, i just changed my oil with it and was curious if its a pretty good oil, I assumed since its Mobil and says it can be used for 5000 ( though I'm still going to change at 3k ) that it should be pretty good.. opinions?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've heard pensoil is known for gelling in some valve compartments. Maybe thats a motor design problem or maybe it's bad oil.
All the same- I've never heard anything bad about Mobile1, so thats why i recommend it.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TheGSRGuy on Sep/28/07 said:
Quote: Adidasone456 on Sep/28/07yeah im not going to use it after 3k i was just wanting to know how good of oil it is..

Well what in your mind makes oil good?

Have you looked at any of our past oil discussions or sites like Bob Is The Oil Guy?
Something thats comparable to the good stuff you have to search for.. Not the best but close..

·
Banned
1,961 Posts
Clean oil is good oil....

Is a better way of putting it.

Filters are the important part on how long for your oil changes, you guys know that right?

Dunno who makes a really good oil filter, youd have to buy one of each and cut them open to see the differences. I know a few are really cheap inside (bad filters).

I actually like Mobil 1 quite a bit, 5000 is a lower quality oil, but it should be fine. I run Kendall GT-1 Synthetic blend (most cost effective and holds higher temps) good racing oil and its CHEAP (15 bucks for oil change/lube/filter at GOODYEAR).

·
Registered
696 Posts
I've used Mobil Clean 5000 a couple of times. It's a very good oil but uses Sodium in their add-pack which could mask a potential coolant leak if you're into having your oil analyzed. Otherwise, it's really quite a good oil. I got mine for under $2/quart at Pep Boys earlier this year.

·
Registered
696 Posts
In my opinion, you can get better quality filters for less money when it comes to a Fram. They're generally considered to be cheaply assembled, and use cardboard endcaps. Now granted, you probably won't have a problem with it, but you could get better for cheaper (Purolator, Napa ProSelect, etc.) In my opinion, their high mileage filters are a bit of a gimmick. Isn't that the one that has the special "gel" that releases into the oil?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.