Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 416 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well decided to do a log on my teg since I have allot going on with it at the moment. I got the car back in June of 09 and the car ran perfect with out any trouble until 2mnt ago. Long story short I have a spun bearing now due failed oil pump. I also had to pull my head cause my valve's were burnt and it was miss firing like crazy. My first project when I bought the car was my suspension and here is the link Suspension Build

So Now I have a B20 block sitting in my garage waiting on parts to come in to build it.

So far I picked up following parts for the build:
LS crank
NPR pistons 9:1 compression
NPR rings
ACL bearings
Still to come:
OEM headgasket
ARP head studs

Been collecting some other goodies throughout a few months

Dual core civic rad with slim fans

magnaflow carsound, 2.5" catback minus the muffler I think its SRS

So I decided to get oil pressure/ temp gauge. Cause of my oil problems in the past so far I got this.

Autometer dual gauge bezel

Glow shift sandwich plate and Tinted Oil temp gauge... Oil pressure gauge still to come.

And I always hated greenish ligh looking in dash. So I got some LED from superbrightleds

And here a re a few recent pictures of the car. Green one is my Bro's

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
im diggin that lip you have one your car. i have the other itr lip for 94-97 but im thinking about changing it to the one you have.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
hey Max, on the GloShift sandwich plate, make sure you use some teflon tape ("Plumbers Tape") on those fittings, maybe you already did, but i can't see it in the pictures and am just making sure

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
damn max making progress man lol i gotta say i lol'd VERY hard seeing that half the stuff you got for your car all came off mine at one point ahh man its funny glad i could help you out and cant wait to see it all put together bro

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Do I sense a VTEC head in the future for this build?

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
from what im aware from max it will have a ls head on it lol, although vtec head isnt to farfetched as it just had a vtec head on it not more than a month ago ( it was my b20v) =]

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes thanks Steve I'll Make sure to do that when Im installing it.

Matt I was just talking about that to my friend that all this stuf came from one guy LOL

Yea maybe a Vteck head in a near future but for now Im just focusing on the block cause I all ready did a mild rebuild on my LS head.

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
OH MY YES! those pistions. yeah max those are 10,000 times better than the garbage jdm b20b ones i gave you 8:8<9:1
itll be a jdm b20z sleeper lol they wont know it has z pistions in it

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea I was stoked when I opend the package they look so pretty I dont even wanna put them in lol. I know I asked you this but wanna make sure that I can buy a 97 crv headgasket right? I all ready made plans with Ant when we gonna do the swap

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well took apart the rest of the block today that crankshaft bolt was a PITA specially when the engine is up on the stand. Got it ready to pressure wash it tomorrow.

and the new crank....welll not NIB but a different one

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
watch out pressure washing that max, you dont want any water left over in there. and yes a 97crv gasket is what you need i think a ls one will work as well since it is an ls head. but ANY obd2 b series crv gasket will work i alwasy just said 96 crv whenever i went to autozone and such and thats awesome you got ant to help you with this lmk if you need any info swapping the b20 into the teg also you can run the ls computer but a tune would be great as the ls will run you the slighest bit lean. brian still has that tune for his b20 chipped into an obd1 ls ecu =]

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Im planning just washing it from the out side and deffinitly gonna make sure its a dry and not a single drop on the motor. I dont know about an LS gasket cause the bore is 84mm compare to 81mm. Yea Brian txted me about that ecu and i told him i want it but cant afford it now cause still need to buy som parts to finish the build. So he is gonna hold me for me..

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
wow i cant believe i forgot this was a b20... and i even sold it to you. idk why i said ls hg max i was very tired and forgot lol yeah b20hg thats it

1 - 20 of 416 Posts