Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I just got my 2nd 95 GSR.... but I only had it about 2 weeks before it went in for paint and it is still there!

I cannot wait until it is done. I know I will be glad in the end but... I am getting a little impatient. I enjoy riding the motorcycle, but is it is getting chilly and the car is going to look sooooooooo good!

NHBP w/ oe itr wing, shaved moldings, 98+ exterior upgrades, rear valences and front lip.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
^^^ Mine did. Well...18. But close enough.


That's sweet. Having fresh paint is a good feeling. And it'll be worth the wait as long as you got it done by a reputable place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
acutally a reputable friend who has been doing it for a while, and does good work.

Quality paint jobs don't need to cost you an arm and a leg, only show quality ones do. Prep, and prep some more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
324 Posts
NHBP= nighthawk black pearl. that is going to be one helluva pretty car, i know how it can be to get impatient, i dropped my car off the get the front steering knuckle replaced (i hydroplaned into a curb) and it took them a month! but when you get her back its all worth it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for answering the color question.

Yeah I cannot wait. The guy is killing me here too! He wants me to wait on seeing it until it is done. He kinda wants it to be an unveiling so I am all wowed by it.

The schedule is to have primer yesterday early and base coated last night. Then clear it this evening. The two days for it to cure with this cool damp weather we have been having. Hopefully everything went down as planned yesterday. We'll see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,975 Posts
blurryred on Sep/15/07 said:
NHBP= nighthawk black pearl. that is going to be one helluva pretty car, i know how it can be to get impatient, i dropped my car off the get the front steering knuckle replaced (i hydroplaned into a curb) and it took them a month! but when you get her back its all worth it!
this is why i work on my own car.. thats BS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
706 Posts
I thought the thread was gona be about your car getting stolen or you selling it... anyhow you'll be one happy mother sucker when you see her. How much are you getting it painted for? Everything inside door jams etc...?

Oh yeah, post pixs when you get it back!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
324 Posts
jameel, i know thats BS, they also charged me 195 bucks for single potenza tire... i paid 95 for them when i get the damn things... any ways, this is O.T. cant wait to see pics of that sexy black teg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
linkb0y on Sep/16/07 said:
I thought the thread was gona be about your car getting stolen or you selling it... anyhow you'll be one happy mother sucker when you see her. How much are you getting it painted for? Everything inside door jams etc...?

Oh yeah, post pixs when you get it back!
Well he is a close personal friend so I would expect him to do this for anyone else so I would rather not post the price.

The car is already Grenada black, so we are not wasting time with door jams and all. Just the exterior. Then I don't need to worry about losing VIN #'s or factory stickers either.

I will most certainly post pics when I get it. I am hoping th eend of this week... but I have told myself that before already.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I saw the car for the first time with the new paint Tuesday night. But it had just been cleared and no wet sanding or buffing had been done.

Tonight we spoke and he finished wet sandign and buffing and Friday during the day I am putting the front end back on. Then he will finish painting the rear bumper, wing, valences, lip, fascia, side skirts Friday night and the plan is I take it home all done Monday night.
 

·
Registered
2000 Acura Integra GSR
Joined
·
2,880 Posts
Man, it's going to be done just in time for winter! There's only a handfull of shows and get togethers left in 2007.

Speaking of which, are you going up the H-T meet @ Maple Grove? I have to talk to Chad and see if he's going.

I think that's the last meet for me before my **** goes up on jackstands and gets the battery pulled before winter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no plans on going to Maple Grove... to be honest I don't even know when it is. But I am nervous about taking her on the highway and chipping the new paint. But it would be a nice place to show her off too. hmmm... need to consider it. But if it is a Saturday there is just no way. I work every saturday,
 

·
Registered
2000 Acura Integra GSR
Joined
·
2,880 Posts
It's Sunday October 21st I believe. Seen last years' pics and it was pretty nice. Mabey a little on the cold side though.

When I rolled out to Honda Day @ Englishtown NJ this past August, I taped up my front with green painters tape, it worked out pretty good.

Everybody looked at me like I was some kind of freek but **** it, I didn't chip my paint going down the turnpike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They need to make thick plastic wrap for stuff like that. I know they have good stuff for that, but I am just thinking temporary. I have heard of a temporary spray on that washes off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ah yes... updates.

The last few pieces were cleared today. Tomorrow afternoon I am going over to piece her back together. I cannot wait. The NHBP looks amazing in the sun. Then this week I will be doing an extreme detailing of the interior. Since most if it is pulled right now anyway it will be fairly easy.

Really wish I had the cash for new shoes for her. I really don't like the rims on it now. I really want either the extremely rare ITR knock off 4 lug rims that were limited production and near impossible to find or a nice set of 15" rotas.

click the link in my sig fo rwhat rims are on it now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,894 Posts
campbuds on Sep/23/07 said:
ah yes... updates.

The last few pieces were cleared today. Tomorrow afternoon I am going over to piece her back together. I cannot wait. The NHBP looks amazing in the sun. Then this week I will be doing an extreme detailing of the interior. Since most if it is pulled right now anyway it will be fairly easy.

Really wish I had the cash for new shoes for her. I really don't like the rims on it now. I really want either the extremely rare ITR knock off 4 lug rims that were limited production and near impossible to find or a
nice set of 15" rotas.

click the link in my sig fo rwhat rims are on it now.
those 4-lug knockoffs weigh 17 pounds a piece, iirc. heavy sumbitches
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top