Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I bought this damn radiator I have been having overheating problems, like crazy where my over fill tank would be boiling on the highway, and no it's not the headgasket and I'm sure of it but the mishimoto radiator cap sucks and was wondering those with the radiator use what after market cap to fit on there, spoon, mugen, etc. thanks.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
i run this cap. It works great I was also having some problems with the mishimoto cap not holding pressure. I have been using that rad in my car for a long time now, i was the 1st one on the site that i know of that purchased a mishimoto rad.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
i contacted the owner of the red civic i posted a pic of and he gave me the part number i cross referenced it and its for a honda passport dont remember the year but i can guarentee that it fits and works great. It has been on my car for about month now.

Autozone part number 7916.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Yep I just placed my mishimoto radiator in the trashcan where it belongs. The cap was not holding enough pressure and I was overheating and boiling over as well. I threw in an oem replacement and my system is perfect once again. Mishimoto = thumbs down

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah from what I've read mishimoto review's were great compared to koyo and fluidyne radiators, so I got it and I put this cap on and now I'm waiting to see if it overheats, hard driving for a little bit to see if it overheats or boil.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok well update, I installed the cap and it's holding pressure but my car seems to slowly creep when I'm going on the highway for more than half an hour. I don't know what else. Maybe a full size rad next.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well i know for a fact it's not the head gasket because the oil is not milky, no white smoke, not leaking, and I do have a huge airflow problem because my intercooler is covering up the entire bumper so it practically get's no air at all. :(

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Vtec4Life on Sep/20/07 said:
Well i know for a fact it's not the head gasket because the oil is not milky, no white smoke, not leaking, and I do have a huge airflow problem because my intercooler is covering up the entire bumper so it practically get's no air at all. :(
so i shouldnt have any problem if i dont have a turbo setup right? whew!!! mishimoto ftw :)

·
Registered
992 Posts
Pressure test the cooling system to make sure it's holding pressure and that no air is being pulled in from some where.

Either switch to a full size to see if that fixes your problem or create some sort of air dam to divert all the air into your half size. Air takes the past of least resistance so it might be going around your radiator.

·
Registered
992 Posts
It is. I was showing you an example of one. If you run your A/C does that trigger the overheating as well?

Think about it, the air is going through your hot intercooler, your hot (if A/C is on) condenser, and then your radiator. The air is probably already heat soaked by time it reaches the rad and is unable to properly cool down the coolant.

The air that passes the condenser on that side can be diverted into the half size radiator. The picture I showed is on a civic.

I had the same problem as you. Changed every part of my cooling system and nothing fixed it. I've pulled the A/C condenser recently and since then my car has been running proper temp. So basically I've increased the air flow into my radiator (theoretically at least).

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Weird, Ive had my Mishimoto installed for 4 months now.. I had major problems with my OE radiator leaking and my overflow not working.. Im running a Boosted B18B,, ran it hard in 30C+ degrees weather and my car has never run so cool, no problems with the cap its the correct pressure and my overflow works now.. I guess you guys got some defective rads.. proves quality control isnt that great. Personally I am very happy with my radiator and its quality my temp gauge doesnt move now

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah but I don't see the point of putting that dam there, i'm never turn my ac on when I'm driving and my intercooler is blocking airflow to anything, or I can creat a duct from underneath directly to my rad with those flexible hoses possibly.

·
Registered
717 Posts
remove the ac...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.