Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2000 Gs-r. It has I/H/E IM and Cam Gears. I know most people would not get cam gears without cams but i got an extremely good deal with a cheap install. I went to a dyno day with some TI guys and ended up having the cam gears tuned a little bit smoothing out the curve slightly and adding a little HP. Well I left my car at home in dallas and have my moms blazer up at school to keep my teg safe from missouri weather. I just found out that my older brother was driving my car when it started acting wierd and the check engine light came on. He described it as the engine slightly revving up and down strangely. This would stop when he turned the car off and restarted. Later it happened again and he took it to the dealer. They pulled the codes and it was a misfire in cylinder 3&4. Their mechanics said that they related the problems back to the cam gears. I was wondering if this sounds right and if so what should i do about it? Set the back to zero? Sorry for the long message but I don't know what to do and am trying to figure out what to do so when i go back next weekend i can fix it. Thanks

·
Registered
906 Posts
Well if your timing gears are too far advanced and your bro over-reved it, then its possible you may have some bent valves
. Thats what it sounds like to me...I hope not though.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm running stock plugs which i just recently and they were fine. I talked to him about over-reving and he said he didn't. Plus if they were bent valves wouldn't the strange reving happen constantly? Sorry I don't know the actual codes.

·
Registered
906 Posts
If you have bent valves then you would not necessarily have the strange reving, I know from experience.
Of course your brother is not gonna tell you that he over-reved!

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
work in reverse order..reset the gears to zero...but i dont think thats the problem...

then check for spark....using spark tester...

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
run a compression check on 3&4 and a leakdown would work well too...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.