Team Integra Forums banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Wow...its been a while since I read this post. Well I think that I will in fact go with the RSX. Im going to go check out some acura dealerships this weekend.
This is my original list and why I made my decision:
1.Audi S4 - Cant afford insurance
2.Audi A4 1.8T - Just dont want anymore
3.Honda S2000 - Dont want rear wheel drive
4.Lexus IS300 - Dont want rear wheel drive
5.Acura RSX Type S -

6.BMW 330xi Sedan - Im sick of seeing these cars

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
You don't want rear drive? Ugh, are you nuts :)

Anyway, good luck with the RSX hunting and if you have any questions about leasing, shoot me some email.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Yea I tend to have a heavy foot and I especially like to slam the gas on corners. That + weather + rear wheel drive = Me in a ditch somewhere.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I want luxury though. See alot of people complain about how the RSX's power is delivered too smoothly. Thats exactly what I want.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Until you drive a WRX you wont know how cool it is. AWD and 220hp turbo flat 4 is very nice. Drivin around town it feels much like you're teg im sure, but as soon as you cross the 3000rpm threshold its like someone strapped a saturn rocket to you're ass. That car MOVES in every sense, handling, speed, power, traction, everything.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Believe it or not, I prefer RWD in the snow :p

Heavy foot + snow + RWD = controlled oversteer :)

Usually, a heavy foot in the snow + front drive + snow/rain = understeer right into a ditch :)

By the way, the above examples = the way I tend to drive.

Hey, maybe it's just me... RWD is hard for some people, I find the controlable oversteer safer and easier to manage than understeer.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Well I never drove a rwd car. Im just assuming that I would put myself into a tree or something. lol. I guess I just like front wheel drive. Makes my life easier.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Well i thought id put an end to this topic because my decision has been made and im going to pick up my new car tomorrow. It just came off the boat today. By the way, I went with a black rsx type s. YEAH!

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
congrats man. hope you have alotta fun with her.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Get an Audi S3.... i think there's only like 4 of them in the US... my buddy has one of them. Looks like the S4 although its a hatchback and it's all in KM and Liters. Pretty badass car.... but a WRX would be cool as well. Being and Acura dude, i'd lean towards the RSX-S.... damnit... i just read a few posts up... congrats on the Type S

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
i love the german cars so i would say go with the S4. you cant beat twin-turbo. although the s2000 will handle much better, the S4 will take it on the track. also, have you checked out the new Mazdaspeed Prtoege? only $20,000 and its been tested at a 14.9 in the 1/4. now thats a better buy than the WRX.

·
Registered
57 Posts
How soon are you buying a new car? Cuz if you think the CURRENT WRX looks sweet, wait till the new models come out. You should check out the pics! Apparently, lots of people complained about the nasty bug-eye lights on the front so they fixed that up pretty well. Another thing, why is it that when people are looking for new cars all they talk about is speed? I'm not saying having a fast car isn't nice, but honestly, how FAST can you drive on a regular basis without getting pulled over or getting into an accident? Not to mention the wear and tear you'll do to your car with that kind of driving habit.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts