Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, so i just bought my teg and i noticed it has a lot of tiny scratches on the windshield. im assuming they are from my wiper blades. its causing me major glare at night making it super hard to drive and see safely. just wanted to know if there is anything i could do do fill these scratches(maybe with wax or something) or would i have to replace it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Maybe call safelight or take it to a body shop or mechanic and as if they can put any fillers in it or something it never hurts or costs just to ask. The reason I say ask them is because I don't know if they will fill micro scratches like they would chips and such. If not it's only 250ish to get a whole new windshield. If the lights are bad enough to keep you from being able to see clearly 250 is a lot better than what getting into an accident will cost you.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I use Meguire's Canuba about every 3 months and it seems to help a lot. Definitely not like a brand new windshield, but more like a acceptably dusty windshield. Also the rain beads up nice and easy.

I'd love to know a better more permanent solution without having to replace.

·
Registered
7 Posts
A little trick I learned from one of my buddies who restores classics is to.buy the finest steel wool you can and use that with your window cleaner product. It works great. Even used it on tint before and it didnt damage the glass or tint. Actually stripped the nicotine and tar from my buddies tiny in his truck.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sadly once the scratches are there, no cheap tricks will work. You can however get a window polishing kit which can attach to strong power drill. It takes time since you have to polish the glass slowly in small sections at a time. I did mine and took me about 3 passes with the Cerium oxide, I did it over the course of a week and it eventually worked.

If it's really really bad, you'll have to buy a glass sanding kit too, but I doubt yours will be that bad.

I'd start off with either of these solutions, which will get like 80-100% percent of the scratches out. Afterwards if you see a few hardcore scratches (and you are to OCD) then you'll need to buy a glass sanding kit.

glass kit

Cerium Oxide

1 - 5 of 5 Posts