Team Integra Forums banner

261 - 280 of 304 Posts

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
You definitely need one of the manual starter bolts as the automatic one is too short. Also I would highly recommend getting a new throwout bearing so you won't have to worry about that for a while. They aren't that expensive at all new.
You'd think that anyone going from auto->manual would buy a new clutch, which comes with new pilot and throwout bearings.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Ok. I can order that from Password:JDM or something then. So that should be it then? What about on the other car for converting it to automatic?
you are wasting so much money man, just take the other car and switch the goodies from teh auto to the manual, idk if they even make a mount to do a manual>auto

·
Registered
4,783 Posts

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #270
Now before someone asks WHY without thinking here are the biggest reasons:

1. The entire main and engine wire harnesses would have to be swapped. The main harness runs from front to back underneath everything. Not gonna happen without completely gutting both cars.
2. There is no such thing as a manual -> auto mount, so you'd be cutting the frame rails and welding in the proper automatic chassis mount point.
3. You'd also be welding in the automatic provisions for the AT shift mech.

·
Registered
152 Posts
You definitely need one of the manual starter bolts as the automatic one is too short. Also I would highly recommend getting a new throwout bearing so you won't have to worry about that for a while. They aren't that expensive at all new.
Crazy, I was told here that the automatic ones will work, I'll get them. BTW I didn't get the throw out bearing in the deal in got. I got the 5spd starter, slave, flywheel+bolts, clutch ki, pressure plate bolts and some other stuff for $100. so far I have 240 spent on everything including the t bracket and torque mount. Im getting the trans tomorrow!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Well, that sucks. Oh well. I was hoping it would work. Looks like that's out of the question then.

I suppose, like stated, I could just swap over all my stuff to the '97.

Eh. Maybe I'll just look for another automatic Integra for her. I'll just do my transmission swap another time.

Also, thanks Melt and everyone. Needed quick help for this.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Crazy, I was told here that the automatic ones will work, I'll get them. BTW I didn't get the throw out bearing in the deal in got. I got the 5spd starter, slave, flywheel+bolts, clutch ki, pressure plate bolts and some other stuff for $100. so far I have 240 spent on everything including the t bracket and torque mount. Im getting the trans tomorrow!
That an AWESOME deal!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well I was wrong. You only need the long one of the two. It's been 5 years ago that I did the swap.
It's all good, I was only pointing that out because I was confused, I didn't mean to seem like I was pointing fingers. I got the spring pin and starter bolt with my trans.

That an AWESOME deal!
Hells yeah man, I made a mistake it came out to $255 and I got my transmission today for $300 so that's $555 I need some extra nuts and bolts, Throw out bearing and some other stuff so I'm looking at $600-650 for my swap!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Thats crazy cheap dude, I septn about $2000 on mine :eek:

Although I did buy a mint gsr tranny new clutch kit, new flywheel and new some other sutff lol :rolleyes:

:driving:

·
Registered
1 Posts
well my swap is almost done..

Alright my swap is almost complete. I just have one concern I hooked all the wires up like it was suppose to be done. The only problem is now the lights on my radio stay on.. its not on or playing its just lit up... ?:) anyone...?
Other than this one little hickup everything is flawless, I did my homework before I thought abt posting lol

·
Registered
428 Posts
So how do you guys feel daily driving after your swap? I bet it can get stress full in traffic. I'm doing mine soon
I LOVE IT!! Its like a whole different car, and I drive trhough traffic pretty often and don't mind at all.. It is very entertaining, and I never get bored driving LOL

For me its a thousand times better that an automatic :driving:

261 - 280 of 304 Posts