Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking of buying megan racing /coilovers damper

has anybody have this in there car?

what do you guys think about megan racing?

are they any good?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
im considering buying their header for my GSR. Ive heard mixed reviews about their headers but i have never heard anything about their suspension products.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
i just helped my friend install megan coilovers on his rsx, and it seems nice. i didnt get to ride in it because i didnt have time but from what he tells me is he like it.

·
Registered
931 Posts
yeah i wanan get the header! they are kind of just a low key company! i mean you'll pay for what you get! you can do a lot better but a lot worse! so if you're not lookin to spend a whole lot... then go for them!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Many generic companies that sell products like coilovers sell them cheap because they use the same spring rate for the front and back.

I would buy the coilovers you want and not settle for the cheapest because i have learned from buying parts (close to 20k later) the cheapest is usually the worst.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
i just went to their shop and they're good people, I saw a lot of nice cars parked in the lot (i.e. an STi, a nice Se-R, etc.) My friend who is a mechanic now used to be in the racing scene back in the day, and he trusts them.

The cheapest isn't always the worst. The only reason that Mugen, for example, is so expensive is because they can. People will buy it 1) because it's so expensive so it must be the best and 2) because of the company name. It's usually all in the name. And Megan is an imitation of Mugen, which means that they must have close relations to the technologies used by Mugen.

I'd say get it, I might get some myself. Either that or Tein.

Good luck, if you get em, tell me how they are!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Quote: The only reason that Mugen, for example, is so expensive is because they can. People will buy it 1) because it's so expensive so it must be the best and 2) because of the company name. It's usually all in the name. And Megan is an imitation of Mugen, which means that they must have close relations to the technologies used by Mugen.
Blasphemy!!! Mugen has earned it's Godly status!

But anyway, you do have a valid point, least expensive doesn't always mean "cheapest" if you know what I mean. If you are just going to be driving around town, these coilovers would probably be just fine.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I have the SS header and its great, very good welds and looks real nice. There is a drift team here in Orlando called "Enjuku Racing" and they swear upon the Megan coilover setup...

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
pochacco_boi on Feb/15/06 said:
i had the 4-2-1 header and i loved it...

same here and I had mine on there for almost 2 years and I put alot of miles on my car with my daily commute, never had a problem at all. I got rid of the because I got free ceramic ones

Michele

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Megan racing is a good company. If anyone needs any MEGAN RACING PARTS, let me know. I can get it for you! We will have a brand new site in a couple months, with a whole new product line!! PM me for pricing on megan parts!

·
Registered
506 Posts
itzcarloooo on Feb/15/06 said:
Megan racing is a good company. If anyone needs any MEGAN RACING PARTS, let me know. I can get it for you! We will have a brand new site in a couple months, with a whole new product line!! PM me for pricing on megan parts!
Uh how come he can post this up telling ppl to PM him for prices on megan racing parts yet when I did..I got my post deleted. Thats f*cked.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.