Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I changed my mechanical timing by taking my belt off adjusting cam gears to line up horizontally while crank is at TDC. Fixed the issue i was having of bucking. However there is still a lack of power and am not building boost as usual. I checked timing with light and with light set at 0 i cant see any marks when dizzy is all the way advanced. When all the way retarded i can see some marks but they aren't even close to the fin on the belt cover.

I rotated the crank 4 times after the adjustment to make sure cams are still in line- they are. My question is why no matter how I adjust the distributor my timing marks still won't come close? Is it the way I adjusted the mechanical timing or what?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Even cam sprockets only allow what...four degrees? I would think timing should be visible under all circumstances. Just for fun See if there is a procedural step for checking timing that is being missed. I don’t see how there could be with a distributor. But who knows. A shaved head will alter the timing but I wouldn’t think that dramatically. Umm. One tooth off could move the distributor quite a bit but still run. Or the rotor is messed up for some reason.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts