Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CAN YOU GUYS HELP ME OUT,...PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHATS THE
HIGHEST WE CAN GO FOR OUR HEADLIGHT BULBS.

THANKS
WELLAYAN

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
I believe the fuses are rated at 10 amps per bulb, so that means the electrical system should be able to handle anything less than 120 watts. Heat is another story, so you might melt stuff if you get bulbs that are too hot. I'm running a 9005 conversion (65 watts) now and used to have 80w blue ricer bulbs for a few months, both with no electrical or heat problems. The 9005 conversion is very much better, btw.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yes i agree with weston, i had those ricer bulbs at 80 watts a piece and they have always seemed to burn out on their own at about 3 months of useage. Don't bother with them and just get a set of 9005 bulbs from sylvania and modify them to fit your low beams. Make sure they are rated at 65 watts each.

Trust me this is a big hassle with the 80 watt ricer bulbs. If i knew this earlier I think I would have bought the real xexon's by now instead of spending all of that money on many ricer bulbs. I also had one of those bulbs explode in my headlight unit and luckily i was under warrenty and I managed to fool acura to replace my whole unit for free.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so is the second one good????

LumensWattsColor Temp
1. SYL9004ST700/1200Max. 50/70 4000° K
2. SYL9005ST1700Max. 704000° K
3. SYL9006ST1000Max. 604000° K
4. SYL9007ST1000/1350 Max. 60/70 4000° K

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey Integra99Blue what do you mean by modify???

the specs I posted previously are from the new sylvania silver star series halogen....Im pretty sure they are direct fit ....am I right??

thanks.
wellayan

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
yeah, the second one is what you want

what he means by modify is basically taking the bulbs that are supposed to be in the high beam, and cutting the guide so they fit in the low beam. you get a lot more light that way, and the housing is made so it doesn't blind anyone.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just want to update this post...

I just got the new (new for me anyway) Sylvania Silver Star series halogens and they are worth every penny...

The best whites I've ever seen..

Bought mines at Autobarn....they are located in NY so you get it in about three days if you live in the east coast..

thanks for the space
wellayan2

1 - 8 of 8 Posts