Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Drag III turbo kit, turbonetics t3/4 (57 trim, 63 exhaust), tial wastegate, thermal 3" exhaust and 3" cat, act clutch, 9:1 je pistons, eagle rods and new valves. My question is what's the safe max boost I can with stock fuel and ignition setup. I only have the inline pump that came with Drag III and I also have the 7 range NGK plugs, but that's it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'd be leary about anything over about 10. You can figure out your fuel pressure, and plug in the injector size (220cc) to a formula and figure out how much they'll support.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So u think I'm pushing it if I'm running 10 lbs? on my Air/Fuel gauge I'm still in the "Rich" zone. Don't you think 10 lbs should be alright for my compression ration of 9:1?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Tunned properly....easy @15psi and normally say 10-12psi ! No problem on a built bottom end ! At 15psi you will need more fuel so going with say 310's or even 440 injectors may be what your looking at. Tune, Tune and your at 15psi no problem.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool thanks guys. I tried it at 10psi (I used to run 5psi for several months) and all I could say was WOW! Now I tuned it down to 8psi. Just smoked a WRX on the way home..hehe

If I get bigger injectors, say 370cc, do I need to get some kind of fuel management or will my stock ecu handle that? Also, should I get a better intank pump and how about the FMU?

·
Registered
693 Posts
You need a electric inline fuel pump such as the one MSD makes ! That is a must ! 370's may be a tad to big but you may be able to lean them out. A proper dyno tune will tell you what your air/fuel needs are.

Your ecu will surprise you...But then again this is going to be an area you will eventually want to change.

·
Registered
354 Posts
You could pump up the PSI to around 12 to 15 on stock internals, I would suggest that you go with a bigger fuel pump, or your motor won't last long I can tell you that for sure!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Blaxican707 on Aug/26/02 said:
You could pump up the PSI to around 12 to 15 on stock internals, I would suggest that you go with a bigger fuel pump, or your motor won't last long I can tell you that for sure!
one thing for sure 12-15psi on stock internals and you can kiss your motor bye bye ! I don't care if you use that STUPID VAFC-HACK <--COUGH ! Bigger injectors, bigger inline fuel pump ! 12-15psi on stock anything your asking for BLOWN something !

·
Registered
354 Posts
Not to start a flame war here... but I NEVER said it was safe did I? I don't think so... now if we look at the scenario here, I said "You could pump the up the PSI 12-15 on stock internals...", then I also added "I would suggest that you get a bigger fuel pump..." (fuel delivery systems) becaus if you don't add fuel to satisfy air being forced, could cause detonation. I know this for a fact!

Me and my friend Paul, setup a Honda Preldue SI 1989 (We tuned for the good portion of the weekend with his dad) with a custom turbo with intercooler and stock internals, and it ran at 14 psi and he got 13.11 in the 1/4 at the Sacramento Raceway in California.

Now this car is dead, because [email protected] like we are did'nt relocate the powersteering line (that runs accross the exhaust maniforld, i suggested we should dump it to lose weight, but Paul wanted it), caused to much heat from the turbo manifold, and the line... well, lets say we had a little BBQ. So that's the end of the story. But that prelude ran extremly well on pump gas and it was a daily driver for a good 8 months... between the time we slapped ont he turbo and when it went up in flames... Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this motor had good compression test before the installation of the turbo and it had 134,xxx on the odometer.

Now Rev and Boost, I did'nt say I know everything, I don't, but I have experience, and I'm damn sure I can learn from Boost and everyone else here on this board. But why would I lie, and why would I give a fellow TI member bull about turbo's and stuff which ain't even cool. I was a member of hondaprelude.com and I've always gave my best advice and never tried to screw anyone over. If I did'nt feel confident on the info I'm giving out, I wouldn't give it out, and if I did'nt know jack about it, I would ask questions, that's how we learn right?

Like I said int he begining, I'm not trying to start a flame war, just backing up what I was saying.

Questions and comments (good and bad are welcomed),

Raymond

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
First of all thanks for the info guys.
So say, I add new 370cc injectors, to replace my stock 240cc's. What kind of intank pump should I get, because I really want to get rid of my little inline pump? What else am I gonna need to change or buy? Do I remove the FMU or change the disk in it? Is it necessary to get the Apexi AFC or something like that?

Thanks!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Well not sure on the IN-tank but try HKS.... HKS In-Tank Fuel Pump 165psi / 90 gph. But YIKES !!! $$$$ !

No your FMU should remain the same...You may need to change disks...every setup is different a good dyno will tell you if you need fuel. The AFC or V-AFC can control fuel maps + or -50. It will do ya...A stand-alone EMS such as AEM or Hondata is the ultimate setup.

Then you would loose the FMU and need a fuel pressure regulator.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Blaxican707 your ok in my book man...But the H22 motor is a tad bit different than our motors bro. A lil bit bigger down there in her bottom so she can handle a tad more boost. But your point was well taken.

Nice on the come back explaination...We are ALL here to LEARN ! What it's all about here as opposed to other NOT going say SO-called Forums *COUGH* Honda.T-WRECK.com !

Peace !

·
Registered
354 Posts
It's cool... just puttin' in my .02

I got another 4 months to save up for my turbo for my LS.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts