Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put on a matrix muffler last week. Has anyone else had an aftermarket muffler sound like a tin can fart above the 3.5 grand range? This muffler sounds great other than that. How could I get rid of it? Also if you have say an EVO or other type of performance muffler, let me know how it sounds.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
i have a greddy catback - EVO - it sounds great.
The reason the matrix muffler sounds like that is because you get what you pay for!
I wouldn't recommend matrix performance parts - just my personal opinion.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
if youre looking for a better flowmaster (more restrictive) has a much better sound for a good price. Best way to possibly go is a twin pass muffler, flows the same as a fart tip N1, but does a good job of making youre car sound alot less like a weed whacker.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
also... make sure that your cat and your resonator are in tact. remember, a resonator does NOT restrict exhaust flow. it uses destructive interference to get rid of high pitch stuff. also, a hollowed out cat will only hurt the performance due to the inconsistency in the diameter of the exhaust path which in turn creates turbulence in your exhaust flow. it's pretty much the dumbest thing you can do to your exhaust system. (then again, you can run open header, but it's a whole another ball park.)

·
Registered
395 Posts
The sound of the muffler just depends on the shape and contents of the material within it. I had a matrix muffler and it sounded kind of deep the first week. Afer the muffler was broken in it extra loud and canny. I now have a jdm es muffler from jdmhondaparts and it looks and sound pretty stock and deep.

·
Registered
634 Posts
lol... i dont get why u think n1 sucks.. it sounds friggin awesome

·
Registered
80 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Aug/06/02 said:
Matrix, 3A, APC = crap
correct and a muffler is a waste....save for a catback

1 - 11 of 11 Posts