Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is giving me hell. I'm trying to get the filler nut to the left of the CV axles off. I can't get the 17mm socket onto it without the use of an elbow. Well, I just popped the elbow right in half. I can get to the drainer nut, but the filler nut is a *****. Also, I found black rubber cap on the top of the transmission. It goes over a straw like piece coming out the top. Could I use this to fill the transmission with new gear oil? Any and all help is appreciated.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I changed mine not to long ago. I used a breaker bar because of the access problem. As far a filling through the rubber cap...I don't really know if you can fill thru there but how are you going to know how full it is? You are supposed to fill it up until it is level with the bottom of the fill hole.

Hope this helps, Good Luck.

·
Registered
318 Posts
loosing that bolt should be easy, do not use a socket to loosen it, use a 17mm ringwrench and if hard hit it with a hammer, would be necesarry to take the right front wheel off.fill untill it comes out. I change mine on every oil change (3 months)So It should not be so hard.
Mail me if you need more help!

(you can call me too at 011-5999-5620401)

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Rishiras! Actually I just went out and bought some heavy duty tools to whoop it's ass with. I bought two 3/4" drive extensions that were about 10" in length. Then I got a breaker bar from hell, also 3/4" drive. Then I got a 3/4" drive adjustable elbow to solve the angle problem. I tried using a 1/4" drive elbow before and I broke the stinker in half. WD-40 helped a lot, too. I never used it for much other than fuel purposes on potato cannons. Anyhow, needless to say, I broke the bolt right off. Came out nice and clean. The guys that worked on my car before had about 5 quarts of some sh*tty ass oil in my tranny. That goes to explain a lot. The car feels and responds so much better. Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
i can't really recomend doing this but what i did for mine was put the wrench on it and then slowly lowered the car onto the wrench so the car weight lossened the bolt...looking back it might not have been the best idea but i dident have a breaker bar

1 - 5 of 5 Posts