Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
So I'm having a few thoughts go through my head right now. I have 2 integras right now, a 94' auto and a manual 00' LS. I'm trying to swap the manual into the 94' and the auto into the 00'.

My question is if it is possible to get the automatic transmission in place and mounted on the 00' LS even though it's a manual chassis? My first impression is that it isn't possible but I had an acquaintance of mine tell me that he knew someone who used stocks automatic mounts for bolting up an automatic to a manual chassis. On one hand I want to believe him but on the other hand it doesn't make sense as to why anyone would make auto to manual mounts if both manual and auto mounts will bolt up according to him.

what are your thoughts on this? I know it's stupid but I'm wondering if I should just sell the LS as a shell or actually make that car running and driving.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The lower torque mounts are different, but the steel rods going through them should line up the same. Idk about the upper or rear mounts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
There are differences in the passenger side top and front mounts. I’m almost finished with my ‘99 auto to manual swap and they’re definitely different, as well as the rear T bracket for the rear engine mount. Have to buy an aftermarket trans top mount for an auto to manual swap as the manual sits lower in the bay than the auto does. Not saying an auto can’t be put in a manual chassis, but you’re also dealing with an OBD1 auto into an OBD2 chassis. And automatics have extra plugs in the engine harness that are not in the manual one. Really just boils down to how determined you are to do it?

PS, where are you located? I might be interested in that ‘00. 🧐

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are differences in the passenger side top and front mounts. I’m almost finished with my ‘99 auto to manual swap and they’re definitely different, as well as the rear T bracket for the rear engine mount. Have to buy an aftermarket trans top mount for an auto to manual swap as the manual sits lower in the bay than the auto does. Not saying an auto can’t be put in a manual chassis, but you’re also dealing with an OBD1 auto into an OBD2 chassis. And automatics have extra plugs in the engine harness that are not in the manual one. Really just boils down to how determined you are to do it?

PS, where are you located? I might be interested in that ‘00. 🧐
That **** is a primered bucket. I just want to make it running and driving so I can sell it back and recoup my costs lmao

·
Registered
68 Posts
Why don't you just sell the auto trans & buy another manual ? Then just put the manual in the 2000. And sell it off ? You'll get more money for the 2000 if it's manual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts