Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey..my friend did this a couple days ago...he bought a strip of fiberglass from home depot and painted it and clamped it to the bottom of the front bumper...it actually doens't look bad...he just needs to paint it with more coats and it'll match his car exactly...what do you guys think of this...i was thinking of taking my little stock lip off and doing this...and make a bigger lip...

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i will call my friend today to see if he took pics yet...but i swear his lip he made looks almsot exactly like my stock lip except for the fact mine is scratched up and his needs to be secured with like 3m adhesive or something..

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
I have also herd of people doing this with plant scaping molding. I will try and find pictures and post them here.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
and here they are

I beleave what they used is called "Garden Edging" and is available at home depot.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Can this also work for 98 and above tegs? If so, can someone please create an article on how to do this yourself.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
virtualbong...he told me it was not that difficult...just bend the fiberglass slowly to the shape of your bumper...i think i will do it...and i was also wondering if it would work for side skirts and a rear skirt..

·
Registered
542 Posts
i did the garden edging thing and it was sick actually, the only problem is that we did it in december and the cold weather plus tapping a curb snapped it and therefor it is gone for good, well till the next one, you can curve it to the body with a torch it actually works out pretty well, my buddy use to make his own body kits out of bumpers doing this and they always came out pretty good for homemade

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Oooh, I'd have to use a torch to bend the fiberglass? This could be a little too risky for my liking, though I'm still interested. I am also interested if this would work out as side skirts and rear lip. If anyone has done this, please let us know, thanks!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
this came up in the chat one day and we all made a big joke bout it...i dont think i am all bout puttin garden edging on my bumper

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
style, can you get close up pics. that actually looks good especially if it was painted to match

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
How do you secure it to the bumper?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Damn, that doesnt look bad at all! I think Im gonna go check out home depot and put this on one of these days.

Ya, how did he secure it? It seems like he used nails or something... I dont feel like putting in a bunch of whatever he put in, how sticky is that 3M double sided tape?

·
Registered
123 Posts
does anyone know how much this stuff costs at home depot?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts