Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I've read the articles and done searches and still I need answers so PLEASE don't tell me to do that.

I was wondering what would be recommended parts after a turbo was installed to ensure all parts can handle the extra power. I've pretty much decided on turbo but haven't ruled out supercharger, so would I need different parts for each form of FI?

I dont know if that made sense, I just wanna know what else besides the FI kit will I need to keep my car running safely and smoothly.

Thanks.please

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
TUNING..... You will need some kind of fuel management device and depending on how much power you want to produce you might need some fuel system upgrades. Maybe pistons and headbolts, but you know you need to give more information so that we know how much boost you want to run ect.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just mean that, I know adding the extra boost puts the engine through more work. So What should I replace/upgrade so my car is in running order a year down the road without always having to get fixed in the shop.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just a normal boost from like 7-10, I'm just trying to colect info so I can be a little more educated when it comes to buying all this, soory for being so vague.

·
Registered
406 Posts
well so far i've come up with this stuff in my research on setting up a pretty reliable high boosting turbo setup(although i'll probably never get to go turbo, it's nice to have the knowledge)
-Block Re-sleeving
-New Lower Compression Forged Pistons
-New Forged Rods
-Stronger Head Studs/Bolts
-Ported and Polished Head
-Crankshaft
-Some Turbo Cams
-Adjustable Cam Gears
-Improved Valvetrain
-Larger Throttle Body
-At least 2.5 inch Exhaust
-Larger Diameter Catalytic(sp?) Converter
-Larger Fuel Injectors
-Fuel Pump
-Some type of Engine Managment or Fuel Managment(like Hondata or AEM EMS)
-Better Clutch
-Boost Controller
-Boost Gauge
-Air/Fuel Gauge
-Wastegate(if not included in kit or if the one in the kit sucks)
-Blow-Off Valve(if not included in kit or if the one in the kit sucks)
-Intercooler(if not included in kit)

And let's not forget probably THE most important thing TUNING, TUNING, and MORE TUNING(can never get enough of a good thing)

...Granted you may not need some of these things if you're not gonna run high boost but i threw everything i could think of in there...

If anyone else has anything else to add feel free...so I can add it to my knowledge database

Hope i could help.
-Jon-

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats a lot of stuff:) But good stuff:) Thanks a lot, I'm pretty new at all this so I'm just making sure I know what I'm getting myself into, and also so that some dick mechanic doesn't tell me I need a "super-wastegate cooler" or something:) and I believe him:)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Kinda off the subject.... but remember that if you have all this power make sure you have control over it. (suspension, and brakes)

"With great power, comes great responsiblity"

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya I understand the whole resposibility bit, thanks Mom. LOLj/k I'm just pretty new at,well engines in general, so I thought I'd just see what I'm in store for. What required parts would be the bare minimum for about 7 psi boost?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Asyou can tell I've got problems with wording things correctly. I'll try again, if you were me and you wanted to run at 7psi, what extras would you buy to insure the safety of your engine?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Assuming ur turbo kit comes with a 255lph pump and FMU and if u don't have money to build the bottom end yet, at least get 310cc injectors($320) and an AFC for minor tuning and to trim fuel from low revs. This will at least give you some added insurance without affecting drivability too much until u DO build the bottom and get engine management...but once u start raising boost and depending how much u beat on ur car....ur on ur own after that, hehe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts