Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i let my friend install my stereo into my 96 because i thought he knew how. turns out he didnt. he got the radio working fine, but i guess he didnt connect the wire that holds all the memory correctly. now my clock does not lite up, and my stereo completely resets every time i take my key out. but this isnt the real problem. when i press my maintenence button, it doesnt lite up. do you think he might of disconnected a wire that caused it to not lite up? and also ever since i got the car, ive never seen the check engine lite come on, now i have 85k mi. just to be safe do you think this mite also have a wire problem? when i turn my key to "on" everything comes on, but only when i press it, it doesnt show. i dont mind everything else for right now i guess, but i just want the cel to come on when its supposed to. and also would the maintenence lite affect anything if not reseted for a long time?

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey i tried it and it worked!! it turned out to be a burnt fuse in the engine bay after all. honda should have labled it something else other than "back up". thanks soooo much z. my stereo still resets, but my clock came back on, and i finally resetted my maintenence lite!(after so many oil changes) i guess the stereo problem is affiliated w/ the wires? oh well its not like i listen to the radio anyways.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont know, my friend hooked it all up. he just connected the wires w/ electrical tape(i know, dumb idea), but he's the so called "professional" but thats all i know b/c im a dummy when it comes to wires and electrical problems. but im fine w/ the radio resetting its no biggie.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts