Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well..it came on the other day, and im wondering..i think im in need for an oil change...would it come on for that?? its scaring me, cause its a new car..much more sophisticated than my lil ol chevy! and it has OBD2...so did i just not tighten down my gas cap or something..lol..or whats the deal? should i be worried?

·
Registered
744 Posts
the maintenance required light comes on when you have a suggested # of miles on your car that you should bring it in for regular maintenance. It is not an engine problem light, so don't worry about it at all. one time I brought my car in for service and they forgot to reset the light so it went on 2 days after. I turned it off myself with a little button under the dash.

Just check if it's time for maintenance. If it's not, then find that button and turn it off.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THATS WHAT THAT BUTToN IS FOR!! david told me about it..and we thought it was for the alarm..im gonna push it and see what happens...lol thanks alot!! i was realy nervous!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
NOT the button on the left! There is a hidden button to the right of the steering wheel under the dash. There is a procedure for resetting the light. Check the articles section here:

Reset Maintenance Light

The button on the left is for the theft deterrent system. Its manual (packaged with the owners manual) describes its use.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
o..so maybe i shouldnta been pushign it..mighta messed somethign up..hahaa thanks for making that clear david.

·
Registered
648 Posts
For what it's worth, I'm going to repeat what I said in a previous thread here about this. Just remove the maintenance reminder unit!! It's attached to the backside of the plastic lower dash panel with two screws. I got tired of having to reset that stupid light every 6000 miles . And its maintenance intervals don't coincide with my, or anyone else's maintenance intervals either, so it's not like it's actually serving a purpose. It doesn't affect any other part of the car to remove this.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
I thought it was like every 7000...?

I wish it was like 3750... Any of you brilliant people out there have an idea of how to reprogram it?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
in the manaul..it syas it comes on when the car is suppose to have a routuine change of something..whether it be check your oil, tire pressure, tranny fluid, its just every certain mileage..mine came on due to the 37500 mark.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I have found that the maintenance required light comes on after 7500 miles. It starts flashing when you start the car a few hundred miles earlier than that. If you reset it, it will come on again 7500 miles from your mileage at the time you reset it.

The 7500 mile interval is for the 1998 Integra. This value may or may not be different for other years based on recomended service intervals.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
f**king sh*t! i almost went to the dealer to get that thing turned off! haha. thanks!

·
Registered
121 Posts
knavekid on Jun/09/02 said:
NOT the button on the left! There is a hidden button to the right of the steering wheel under the dash. There is a procedure for resetting the light. Check the articles section here:

Reset Maintenance Light

The button on the left is for the theft deterrent system. Its manual (packaged with the owners manual) describes its use.
Can you explain more one this button to the left? When I purchased the car I didn't get a manual & still haven't bought one - my fault.

There is a little toggle switch the 1st owner (I am the 3rd; 2nd owner didn't know what it was for) installed hidden near the steering collum. When I traced it, it seemed to tap in to the box on the left of the steering column with the blue button (need to confirm again - this time taking off the plate rather than sticking my head through the bottom of the column with a flashlight).

It has always been set to off & I thought it was a kill switch. So I tested it by triggering the alarm & trying to start the car.

The no brand (cant tell from the fob since its worn out) alarm installed on the car kills the ignition regardless if the toggle switch is on/off.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
You will have to do more researching into that as it may not be factory. If it does not work regardless of which way you toggle it then it must be deactivated somehow. In other words, not wired up.

It has nothing to do with the reset maintenance light.

·
Registered
104 Posts
in my car that button is a kill switch. if you open a door and dont start the car after 15 seconds or so i have to push that button while turning the ignition to start it. there should also be a box under the drive seat. maybe somebody turned it off

·
Registered
121 Posts
kevind626 on Mar/24/07 said:
in my car that button is a kill switch. if you open a door and dont start the car after 15 seconds or so i have to push that button while turning the ignition to start it. there should also be a box under the drive seat. maybe somebody turned it off
Is this system you are describing factory?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts