Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here - having a ball with new '96 RS with 90K miles. Bought the teg becasue I was so impressed with son's 95 Civic - easy to work on and good reliability. I'm looking for at least another 75k from the Teg so I did several maint items right away - timing belt, water pump, belts, b pipe (broken weld), removed broken cat heat shield, front rotors, f/r pads, MT oil, detailed all over incl engine compart. Prev owner did filters, plugs, wires, cap and rotor. Planning on flushing clutch fluid this weekend. Is there anything I've missed or should be thinking about doing in the near future? Prev owner was female, mostly highway miles. When can I expect clutch replacement? How about flushing brake fluid or checking valve adjustment? Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I believe that 90k is about the time for valve adjustment. If you haven't already gotten a Helms manual, I suggest you do so. 100% worth the investment. Don't forget to check your CV boots for tears/leaks. If I forget anything, someone will chime in I am sure....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bought the Helms and checked the boots - OK.Will check the valves...
I heard the Main Relay is a high failure item on Tegs/Hondas. Worth it to carry a spare?

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
hey! congrats on your purchase of a lovely Integra...i wish my dad would buy one, but what are you gonna do??

Anyway, about the clutch, stock Integra clutches engage close to the mid-point of pedal travel and they last USUALLY til 120K, however some people on here have been going to 175K on the stock. I replaced mine at 114K because it went on me.

Flushing the brake fluid wouldn't hurt. It's a good idea to replace all fluids so YOU know when they were done and what condition they were in.

Other than that, it looks like you got everything in order. I have a question...do you plan on putting some modifications into your teg? If so, what do you plan on?

-Lawrence

edit: the plastic-top Honda radiator has a tendency to go around 110K, it might crack, get a replacement ready!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LT: on the mods, will probly do wheels and tires within a year, right now they are steel & yoko's. Have front strut bar on order. I'm thinking of headlights, grill and maybe tail lights to dress it up.

GSR96 - afreeze was done when tbelt and water pump were changed.
Lenguaso - fuel and pvc filters were changed by prev owner.
tnx for the tips guys.

The things that impress me most are:
1. For a stock motor, the car is quick.
2. The motor is very comfortable at high rpm. Seems to love to rev and is quite smooth. Still has good torque down low though.
3. Suspension is smooth but great cornering. Nice balance between sport and comuting/cruising comfort.
4. Has good reliability record.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
The things that impress me most are:
1. For a stock motor, the car is quick.
2. The motor is very comfortable at high rpm. Seems to love to rev and is quite smooth. Still has good torque down low though.
3. Suspension is smooth but great cornering. Nice balance between sport and comuting/cruising comfort.
4. Has good reliability record.
that's why we all love them!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
What's the valve adjustment? I don't think I ever done that, what does it do? How much does it cost to get it done?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts