Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Just wondering, if that 'MAINT REQ" light comes on, does that mean something is wrong? or is it just telling me its time to get some kind of scheduled maintainence done? Please let me know. I just came back from a 14 hour road trip and thats when it turned on so I am kinda freaked out here. Also, if there was a problem, wouldn't the check engine light come on? Please respond to this and help me out

·
Registered
417 Posts
Do you want to turn it off? it's pretty easy to do this.
First, this is just a basic reminder that the car may need to be serviced in the near future. Depending on how you've sticked to the recommended services, you should be fine.

First, turn the key to the ignition position (the maintenance light should be on)

Next, feel along the panel below the steering column. on the right hand side there is a "button". It's square in shape and is a switch that you can push in. You hold the switch in until you see the "maintenance" light go out. that's all there is to it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thanks for the tip ace, I did my maintenance (ie oil/filter change checked everything out) and couldnt figure out how to turn off the damn light. It sux when the whole inside of your car glows red then you have this orange light shining out of the dash.

·
Registered
648 Posts
This question sure comes up here a lot. Here's some more info about it:

The light flashes on start-up after 6000 miles, and after 7500 miles stays lit continuously. The stupid thing here is: who waits til 7500 miles to change their oil? So using this light as a reminder isn't terribly bright; you should be keeping track of the actual number of miles between oil changes.

The light is reset as others have described, but personally, I think it's a pain having to constantly reset it when it serves absolutely no useful purpose, so I simply disconnected it and removed it. No, this will not affect any other part of your car, so if you're tired of that useless light, feel free to do the same with no worry.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
yes this question does come up alot. there is even an article about it being that the question does come up so much. Maitenence Light Reset Article
Try doing a search there are at least 10 other posts about this too.
Edit: Your a quick one z.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts