Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My ‘99 manual is crank, no start. Was driving 45 mph when car shut off. No prior issues at all and it’s completely stock no mods.

Pgm-fi main relay was bench tested by hooking to battery and tested for continuity and it clicks and continuity is there when off the car. Relay harness was tested and there is power going to it. Why is it that when the relay is plugged it, it doesn’t click? What’s the possibility of relay bench tested OK and still being faulty?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Your issue overlaps with mine - mine always start in cold - thread:

Could be:
Dizzy, ign wiring (car was stolen prior to this?), Fuel pressure regulator, Fuel pressure sensor, fuel pump, TPM sensor, MAF sensor, vacuum leak/CAT/IACV, Alternator

·
Registered
156 Posts
My ‘99 manual is crank, no start. Was driving 45 mph when car shut off. No prior issues at all and it’s completely stock no mods.

Pgm-fi main relay was bench tested by hooking to battery and tested for continuity and it clicks and continuity is there when off the car. Relay harness was tested and there is power going to it. Why is it that when the relay is plugged it, it doesn’t click? What’s the possibility of relay bench tested OK and still being faulty?

Very possible. Have you checked all the related fuses in the fuse boxes ? Does the fuel pump prime when you turn the key ?

When you crank and no start, you gotta bring it back to basics. Check to see if you have spark. If no spark, check plug wires, check coil, check plugs. Check to see if you have fuel. You checked main relay. But it doesn't really matter if you can hear the click, as long as the fuel pump is priming when you turn the key to 2nd position.

Anyway, hope that helps. Report back with any updates.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very possible. Have you checked all the related fuses in the fuse boxes ? Does the fuel pump prime when you turn the key ?

When you crank and no start, you gotta bring it back to basics. Check to see if you have spark. If no spark, check plug wires, check coil, check plugs. Check to see if you have fuel. You checked main relay. But it doesn't really matter if you can hear the click, as long as the fuel pump is priming when you turn the key to 2nd position.

Anyway, hope that helps. Report back with any updates.
Yes, I’ve checked every fuse using a multimeter for continuity. I even pulled every single one out for a visual inspection. The basics I’ve done were check for fuel, spark, and compression. I have no fuel and no spark.

I’ve tried three new relays and none of them “click” while they are plugged in but bench tested OK. I have a solid CEL and all accessories work but Obd2 scanner won’t link to read if there’s any code.

The fuel pump does not prime since the main relay pin 7 has no voltage (power going to the fuel pump). However, when I did jump pin 1 to pin 7 on the connector harness the fuel pump does prime.

*edit: i was able to test the relay in a neighbor’s integra and it did click, fuel pump did prime, and there were no CEL.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts