Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up? i just wanted to know if anyone here has a magnaflow ss muffler on their integra? I've already got the 2.25" piping but the muffler on there now is way too loud for what i want. If u have one, how does it sound and look? I was thinking about getting the oval shaped one with dual tips.

and yeh i already searched for information but i didnt find any info on the ss muffler so any help is appreciated

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Are you looking to purchase one?

·
Registered
910 Posts
my brother has a magnaflow muffler, its still pretty loud if you ask me. if your looking for a nice sounding muffler thats not too loud try ebay and search for a greddy sp style muffler.

·
Registered
975 Posts
there are alot of people that are getting magnaflow exhaust including ITR members that i have seen do to the stealth look and with the res its not as loud as said to be , just my 2 cents. u know what take alook on the net and read on different boards about what people think about it.. i was looking into one my self and i have a few that i have in mind and ive checked sites like here Team-Integra.net and Honda-Tech. if u need any help PM me

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have it. When i first drove away in it, You could just about hear it, but since it has broken in and become one of the nicest sounds in my opinion. Not rice rocket loud, and not too low either. Everyone in my school says my exhaust is the "sickest" and "nicest sounding car" .........seriously

·
Registered
975 Posts
which one do u have ? if u dont mind me asking

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeh, im looking to buy one. I dont want the racing one, id rather get the SS. I hear some people say that these are loud and some are quiet? I'm askin about the ss series specifically, i'm guessing that the race series would be louder.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeh i looked at all those articles already. they were mostly about the magnaflow cat and cat back exhausts. im looking specifically for info on the ss muffler. thanks tho

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I have a 2 1/2" magnaflow muffler ss, painted flat black to look stocklike. It sounds imo, and it's not loud even thoufgh I have no resonator.

·
Registered
285 Posts
well i had to go look at my box, but as it turns out i have a street series. i have 2.25" exhaust pipe from my cat back out no resonator. It soundsreally good at cruising speed around town and at highway speed the sound is there but easy to ignore if you don't wanna hear it. if i "get on it" it's loud enough for people to hear but not too loud. i'ts a good muff.
oh and mine is the canister looking one with a 4" double-walled angle cut tip model # 14826
sorry so long, hope it helps
-J

·
Registered
353 Posts
here's mine....i believe comptech muffler's were made by magnaflow
it's pretty loud...i have no resonators...if you want to quiet it down...just get some resonators installed

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
kiluminati616 on Feb/09/04 said:
yeh i looked at all those articles already. they were mostly about the magnaflow cat and cat back exhausts. im looking specifically for info on the ss muffler. thanks tho
It all depends. Magnaflow has a lot of SS mufflers for sale on their website. Are you getting the cylinder type canister that looks like the Greddy Evos and Apexi Dunks? Or are you getting the oval type mufflers? My bro has the oval type one with crushed bent piping and its pretty damn loud. I should also add that he has CAI, 4-1 Header and High flow cat, which most likely makes it louder than if you just had the muffler and piping.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeh i want to get the oval shaped muffler in the street series. I dont have a high flow cat or custom header so i guess that it probably wont be as loud as if i did. Magnaflow has sound clips of their cat back systems on their website but they dont have any integra samples. would the b18b engine sound more like the rsx(not type-s) or the honda s-2000 engine? anyways, if these ss mufflers sound anything like that i'd be happy. thanks for all the help

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well i just put my magnaflow muffler on three days ago. The model number is 14824. I'm pretty sure this is the same muffler that comes on the cat-back system although i didn't have the money for a full cat-back, so i just got the muffler. I tell you its exactly what i wanted, its got a really deep tone and doesn't get overly loud. After about 4k rpms i can't hear it over my short ram intake. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
136 Posts
i have it and i absolutly love it and it looks good and keeps the car looking clean and the sounds is awsome not to loud or deep just right.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts