Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read in a thread somewhere, about the hytech exhaust system using a magnaflow resonator.. Ive searched this website until ive run out of ideas on what to search for, I searched all over magnaflows website, and I searched goole.com... I havnt found anything about a 'magnaflow resonator'

Basically, what I want to do, is have a custom exhaust system made, using a universal muffler, universal hi-flow cat., and a universal resonator, and custom mandrel bent piping. I dont want a cheap resonator either, because I know a bad or missing resonator is what causes that buzzing sound so common to ri*ed out civics. What I have found on magnaflow's website is this:

It is available in
2.25", 2.50", and 3.00" inlet/outlet's
It is a universal muffler though. Could you use that as a resonator? Or would it cause me to lose power using two mufflers?

-Philip

***EDIT***
http://magnaflow.com/02product/xl/gifs/roundcc.jpg
^--Thats the address to the picture, the image doesnt seem to be working if I put it into the thread body.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
sneeedle on Mar/08/04 said:
I read in a thread somewhere, about the hytech exhaust system using a magnaflow resonator..
hytech does not use a magnaflow resonator.

Phillip: who told you that? tell them that it's WRoNG.

here's the thread to read (Dave uses Magnaflow not John)

Magnaflow Resonator for the Integra (comes in aluminized and stainless steel in different lengths...stainless is the shortest at 10 in.)

View Through the Resonator's Straight Thru Design:

PS I'll contact Dave to see if we can get the pics back in the linked thread above...

·
Registered
133 Posts
ok i drive a 91 gs, i currently have a universal 1 in 1 out borla proXS muffler, with a magnaflow highflow resonator, custom cat back piping, and all that cost me 450 at the shop. and i could have got a carsound cat for an extra 100. I love my exhaust to death, IMO it is te best sounding exhaust i have ever heard. power gains were incredible, i would deffinatly recomend it

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks MD for clearing that up. It's SMSP not Hytech. I also read through that entire thread, and found that the magnaflow resonator, has a 4"od, with whatever size inlet/outlet od you need, not a 2.25 inlet/outlet with a 6" body.. Do you know anywhere online that sells the magnaflow resonators?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts