Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have this or has anyone seen it? its 2 1/4 full stainless with a lifetime warranty, best part is i found it for $370, does anyone have pics of it installed or sound clips??? thanks, heres a pic:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have only seen the hp magnaflow can do on an mr2 and it was the best one. I had it on my prelude and it was pretty good. I though it was the perfect sound. Deep and not too loud

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
As far as performance, the thing to find out would be its outside diameter, the type of muffler it has, and if it is crushed or mandrel bent.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
i have a magnaflow universal on mine, and i love it, sounds is deep, and not too loud. look at my profile for a shot of my exhaust

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
acorrding to surferx's excellent exhaust guide, its a 2.25" exhaust with a straight through muffler.

Which means its going to perform much like the comptech.

Good for a mild LS setup, a bolton GSR setup, (roughly 180whp) but if you are thinking of going any higher you might want an exhaust with 60mm or 2.5" exhaust.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Has anyone purchased one of Magnaflow's mirror-finish mufflers and combined it with 2.25" crushed bent tubing? I'm looking at some of the 2.25" inlets and 3-4" tips, but I would like to know if their chambered systems performs as well as the Apexi World Sport and Greddy SP mufflers. Here's a link to some of the mufflers:
MagnaFlow Mufflers

·
Registered
46 Posts
Which makes more midrange power between the WS and Greddy SP? Looking at the article they have the same exact measurements. So is it just a matter of which tip looks better. I'm leaning towards the WS just because in SCC they show a dyno on their b16 and said it made power from 2000 to redline. Is there any links that shows the sp's or anyother exhaust dyno on a GS-R?

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
I have a Magnaflow cat-back exhaust and so does my friend. Its performs just like any other exhaust (the same diameter that is) and it sounds good. If you want to see pics of my car w/ the exhaust, goto my cardomain webpage. I took about 5 pics of my exhaust system underneath my teg so you will get a good visual on how it will look.

(btw it seems cardomain is down today for maintaince... oh well, just try back tomarrow)

[edit]
If you'd like to see them today, PM with your email address and I will send them your way.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
It doesn't seem like anyone directly answered my question, but from the last two postings, it looks like the quality of MagnaFlow mufflers are of good quality and the sound has a nice tone. Can anyone vouch for their durability and performance? I assume since the dimensions of the muffler are similiar to the Greddy SP and Apexi World Sport, that they are pretty similiar in performance gains. Am I correct in thinking this?

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
virtualbong on Dec/16/02 said:
I assume since the dimensions of the muffler are similiar to the Greddy SP and Apexi World Sport, that they are pretty similiar in performance gains. Am I correct in thinking this?
If they are the same, as in their dimensions, straight through design, and mandrel bent tubing, then there will be no differences in performance between product X and product Y. The only differences you can expect is the sound it will project.

Read these three articles:
article 1, article 2, article 3. Just make sure you know how everything works before you buy it.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
white_rice on Dec/16/02 said:
Quote: virtualbong on Dec/16/02I assume since the dimensions of the muffler are similiar to the Greddy SP and Apexi World Sport, that they are pretty similiar in performance gains. Am I correct in thinking this? If they are the same, as in their dimensions, straight through design, and mandrel bent tubing, then there will be no differences in performance between product X and product Y. The only differences you can expect is the sound it will project.

Read these three articles:
article 1, article 2, article 3. Just make sure you know how everything works before you buy it.
he's right. if you want performance don't focus on brands focus on the dimensions that fit your needs. if you want sound just get a universal muffler.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts