Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok first of all I know the whole deal with Maaco sucking and all, and I wish I didn't even have to consider takin my teg there. Unfortunately money is way to tight to consider quality paint right now, and leaving my car the way it is now, is not an option. Unfortunately my car was keyed hardcore from the front driver's fender all the way to the rear bumper 5 times. Yeah 5. Secondly someone tried to break into the car and all but ripped off the passenger door handle, causing body and paint damage. Finally my front bumper's paint has been chipping for a while and needs to be repainted anyways. So I need a cheap fix for now that can last me till I can afford a more quality job. So its lookin like I'm gonna have to go Maaco for a temporary fix.

Just to help me out, I would like to see some pics of tegs painted at Maaco and get some information about stuff such as your opinion of the quality of the job they did, pics of any blemishes or paint defects, how long ago it was painted in the pic you post, etc.

I wish this wasn't even an option, but I need some visual help before I go for it. So show me your Maaco painted tegs!

·
Registered
283 Posts
I believe there are different options(cheap to good). Look at it this way, it'll be better than it is now and better than if u were to paint it. I've seen there job before, and its not that bad(dont remember what option). I would definitly reccommend if your on a tight budget.

·
Registered
12,488 Posts
.. I have no personal experience with Maaco ..

... But my friend got his CRX painted back a couple years ago SI blue and that **** looked gooooood! .. I was quite impressed when he said it was Maaco!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Maaco is not bad, honestly i think my car was painted at maaco, don't know exactly where the previous owner painted it, but it doesn't look like an expensive job, i say that because its oversprayed in some places. But i get comments on the paint job all the time, its milano red and it's been shining for more than a year now.

·
Registered
170 Posts
from a business standpoint, for maaco to be so large or successfull they HAVE to offer and show good work or they wouldn't get business, no one would go to them. So just from that standpoint, they probably don't suck as bad as everyone says.

·
Registered
45 Posts
hey i have no experience with macco, but my buddy got his first gen. painted there from red to black and i thought i was a bad job, but i got my car fixed and repaineted with abbra and i thought that it was good but then again it was painted the same color but they did a good job with the paint fading.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
123dash on Feb/10/06 said:
hey i have no experience with macco, but my buddy got his first gen. painted there from red to black and i thought i was a bad job
What was bad about it?

·
Registered
194 Posts
123dash on Feb/10/06 said:
hey i have no experience with macco, but my buddy got his first gen. painted there from red to black and i thought i was a bad job, but i got my car fixed and repaineted with abbra and i thought that it was good but then again it was painted the same color but they did a good job with the paint fading.
Red has to be one of the hardest colours to paint over, it will show through pretty much anything.

I'd say if you are just spraying the car the same colour, there isn't much they can do to ruin it - aside from the usual, of course

If you do end up getting it sprayed there, show us the quality, for sure!

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Would you actually want to buy a paintjob based of pictures you saw online?
Be warned, cheap paintjobs lack prep work, which when you go to get it repainted right the next time, can likely cost you more because the maaco paint may need to be stripped... A lot of people go to maaco to paint their cars to help sell them, so they dont care about quality as long as it sells, thats a big reason they are in business...

I've personally seen wierd stuff from maaco, I remember a red lude once that had overspray in the centers of the windows and mirrors, and im sorry, but thats just freakin pathetic. Not to mention overspray from masking parts instead of removing them.

·
Registered
390 Posts
i am thinking about getting my re-painted black at maaco, but i plan on doing ALL the prep work myself sand/dent removal/shave emblems/primer then roll it on in there

·
Registered
938 Posts
here ya go...i got my oem kit painted at maaco. I thought they did a good job and people was really suprised that maaco did it. I got the highest grade paint they got which is too expensive. hope that helps.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
not bad..

~P2P

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
its not always the business that makes the paint job good or bad, its how well the painter is. But from personal experience, i would say dont go there just save up some more money and get it done elsewhere. When me and my wife had her truck painted there it turned out horrible. The service was crap,they tried to raise the price after the initial contract, the paint job cracked in 2 weeks and it started flaking off in 1 month. Im sure driving the car in its current condition wont hurt the engine!! if it really bothers you, you can always rattle can some primer till its affordable. But people will always do what they want anyways. thats just my like bit for ya!!

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Click on my link to the cardomain site in my sig. Mine is a $500 maaco job. And it's true that it's the painter and the individual shop that make the difference. I researched a few maacos around CO before I picked the one I went to.. They had nothing but good reviews. Here are pics. This is a year later. It's been almost 2 years now and it still looks about the same other than the door dings and the meeting of a Toyota Avalon.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
got mine done last summer, looked great for the second lowest deal :), only problem is no clear coat, and in the bright sun, theres scratches on every fking orphus of the car. At night though, looks alot better

Fresh outta Maaco

Oh and if you think it'll make you happier, here the car is before i brought it in.

Like everyone else says though, it depends on the painter not the business. Iv'e had mine for a year and theres no flaking, orange peel, or anything. I had great service to, the car was ready in i think 4 days. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING THOUGH IS TO DO ALL OF YOUR OWN PREPWORK, ITS A MUST

Fugly

·
Registered
655 Posts
sorry to hijack the thread, but being that there are lots of maaco threads, dont feel like opening a new one.

Would they paint your rims at maaco? and if yes, how much would it cost?

My gsr blades are scratched up like a MOfo, and me being horrible with paint, rather get somebody else to do it.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
integrapunk67 on Feb/10/06 said:
Would you actually want to buy a paintjob based of pictures you saw online?
Be warned, cheap paintjobs lack prep work, which when you go to get it repainted right the next time, can likely cost you more because the maaco paint may need to be stripped... A lot of people go to maaco to paint their cars to help sell them, so they dont care about quality as long as it sells, thats a big reason they are in business...

Agreed.

Why do you want to look at a PICTURE to judge a paint job? Go to the actual shop, tell them you want to see there work first hand. I interviewed 2-3 shops before find the one i liked for my car. I looked at finished work and asked them what they did.

I can make a dirty car look clean with the right camera angle and lighting

And for the guy wanting to know if they paint rims and how much...

call them and ask

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
nonono dont paint your rims at maaco.... do it yourself.... i dont really know the steps well neither did my friend with a gt-s he painted his rims 1st time with help from another friend came out really good.... i think he only spent around 10$ in paint....

im satisfied for a 650$ paint job.... it used to be all ****ed up all keyed and scratched... the previous owner didnt take care of it..... o well i am ^_-

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.