Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a b18a1 block with stock cr, and a b18c1 head. should i set the spark plug gap to the specs of the b18c1 or b18a1?
thank you

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
get bosch plat. plugs and dont worry about.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
the stock gap for the b18b is .044"
" " b18c is .052"

use the b18c

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
what heat rating? #6 or #7

or are you using the b18b NGK's #5

stock b18a/b PR4 pistons with a non-milled b18c1 head and stock 3 layer head gasket yields 9.7-9.8:1 static CR.

You can use a #6 with a GSR 0.051 in. gap (stock GSR 10.0:1 static CR recommedations). If you find that you aren't getting the gas mileage you like you can drop down to 0.045 in. for the next set.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
MichaelDelaney on Feb/08/04 said:
Quote: AcuraRider14 on Feb/08/04get bosch plat. plugs and dont worry about. would you accept this as advice from a complete stranger who has nothing to lose by giving you wrong info without an explanation?
i just heard that bosch plat will not lose the stock gap..thats all..im not a total technical mastermind here..being that is wrong advice im glad that u have corrected me..also sorry i didnt go enough into detail about why to use platinum plugs or what not.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
AcuraRider14 on Feb/08/04 said:
i just heard that bosch plat will not lose the stock gap..thats all..
I can tell you for certain that what you heard is a complete crock of bull...and that whoever told you this has something to sell (i.e. bosch plugs) or has been handed a bunch of bull that they accepted without question and is parroting it back to you without any understanding whatsoever....

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Quote: AcuraRider14 on Feb/08/04 i just heard that bosch plat will not lose the stock gap..thats all..

I can tell you for certain that what you heard is a complete crock of bull...and that whoever told you this has something to sell (i.e. bosch plugs) or has been handed a bunch of bull that they accepted without question and is parroting it back to you without any understanding whatsoever....
ok yea i wasent sure so i posted here so i did get my answer so now its time to tell the lil' know-it-all, he doesnt know it all..well thanks MD on the correction..lata

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
not picking on you man...just saying that if you want to support each other here, we gotta not copy those other boards where I see people guessing and giving advice with zero explanation as to why.

I think if you would have said I heard this and I'm not sure if it's right, at least your fellow members could take the advice (with your good intention) in the proper context.

let's try to keep this place helpful to one another.

and helpful means, try not to hype or guess or advise without a reason....

that's all...

cheers

peace

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
not picking on you man...just saying that if you want to support each other here, we gotta not copy those other boards where I see people guessing and giving advice with zero explanation as to why.

I think if you would have said I heard this and I'm not sure if it's right, at least your fellow members could take the advice (with your good intention) in the proper context.

let's try to keep this place helpful to one another.

and helpful means, try not to hype or guess or advise without a reason....

that's all...

cheers

peace
very true..i wasent thinkin when i posted that considering it came from a much less educated and less technical site..i was rushing trying to help out thus i am glad that i have been corrected and next time to make sure to say i am not sure or someone correct me if wrong..well im done here , everyone a goodnight..and i hope some ppl here that i have read this post learned a lesson here as to not take advice from someone not giving an explantion on why their statement is correct.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts