Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well heres my problem pretty much my ls head has gone to hell on me but the good news i just got a nice gsr head so instead of fixing my ls head im just going to go ahead and do lsvtec but i need some help....by the way yes i have searched and not found any answers to what i need to know...

1) timing belt? just a stock/oem gsr one? an LS one..or what.

2) where is the vtec solenoid located and am i going to have to search for a used one? thats if i dont have one already...Where would I find it...

3) will my ls headers work on the gsr head?

osme if oyu have answers please let me know because i need to get my car back on the road asap!

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
1- you may use your existing ls timing belt as long as you keep your ls water pump. If you switch over to a gsr water pump, you will need to get a gsr timing belt. The number of teeth are different on both, not by much but still different

2- vtec solenoid is located on the bottom left corner of the head. its right near the cam cap on the end. You can probably buy one off here if you dont have one, just post a wtb thread

3-yes the ls headers will work.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I have answers to two of your ?.

2. the vtec solenoid is located on the left of the head by the cam plug its right next to the distributor it has a metal cap usually rusted about an inch in diameter and 1.5 inches in height.

3. they will bolt on but you need to look in the exhaust tech articles and it will have your answer for the best choice which would be a tri-y since now you have vtec.

Edit: Dam it Ketu you beat me to it.

·
Registered
661 Posts
InLtegSra94 on Sep/10/07 said:
Its not headers. It's header, and the header goes to your block anyways.
Uhhh....

You already have your answer.
2 things though
don't forget a gsr ecu.
and also use common sense lol.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Oh just some other information on the lsvtec swap. This info IS elswhere on the site but.... it is not just a simple bolt on affair although it is not that hard. You must relocate a dowel pin to make the head fit on the block. You must also tap into the block and run an oil line to provide oil pressure for the vtec function. goto google and search lsvtec there is good info. hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Just search around the site.. trust me your answers are somewhere.. and also here's a link to help guide you a little.Don't Click This Link..

·
Registered
8 Posts
So about how long should one expect the car to be down during an LS/VTEC job? Not looking for an exact number or anything just an estimate assuming things go relatively smoothly.

·
Registered
554 Posts
There are a lot of variables in deciding how long your car will be down. Will you pull the motor? Leave it in?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.