Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this is a broad question but does anybody happen to have or know of quarter mile results for an ls/vtec motor

·
Registered
29 Posts
i got the ls/vtec conversion and im running mid14's but my best with my baby is 14.3

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hey Mid 14's?? Wow...Any aftermarket bolt ons as well?? I got a 01 gsr...Is it worth for me to go ls-vtec? Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
your going to change a gsr power plant to a LS vtec whats worng with u. not to sound all harsh but do u kno what u have under that hood. i have a 95 GSR stock i run 15.5 on stock tires.
stick wit what u already have build it.

·
Super Moderator
25,245 Posts
Shinjaki on Oct/17/02 said:
yeah it's not like we're flaming... but if you have a GSR then you already have a more powerful engine than the ls/vtec...
Oh my, you most certainly do not....a properly tuned and stock ls/vtec will beat a stock gsr every day of the week...all things equal of course...

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
shiet....trade me your c1 for my b1 and i'll be a happy camper, you can even beat on it first if you choose.

·
Registered
83 Posts
yes true LS vtec is strong. yes it can beat a GSR in the torque factor. but the thing that suck bout the LS vtec is that u still redline at the same ur vtec doesnt evn last that long. And if u want race a GSR u'll beat a stock GSR but when u start going bolt on's and other things then its all up to the driver's. both cars R the same and it all comes down to who drives better.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Justin Klemgold on Oct/17/02 said:
Quote: Shinjaki on Oct/17/02yeah it's not like we're flaming... but if you have a GSR then you already have a more powerful engine than the ls/vtec... Oh my, you most certainly do not....a properly tuned and stock ls/vtec will beat a stock gsr every day of the week...all things equal of course...
only in numbers... take into account the better N/A gear ratios of the gs-r tranny, and the fact that ls'vtecs don't like to be revved the hell out of like the b18c's... and how can you say "all things being equal"? there is no equality between a relatively heavily modified ls/vtec (swapping a head would be a relatively heavy mod) pitted against a gs-r with the same money invested...

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
i think the point being made is the ls/vtec is used to make a non vtec motor like an ls b18b to be more like the gsr/type r engines by adding a gsr/type r/b16 head to it. If you have a gsr, there is no reason to do ls/vtec, unless your motor is shot and you cannot rebuild it. Stick with the gsr engine.

·
Super Moderator
25,245 Posts
DaBoyNBlu on Oct/17/02 said:
Quote: Justin Klemgold on Oct/17/02Quote: Shinjaki on Oct/17/02yeah it's not like we're flaming... but if you have a GSR then you already have a more powerful engine than the ls/vtec...
Oh my, you most certainly do not....a properly tuned and stock ls/vtec will beat a stock gsr every day of the week...all things equal of course...
only in numbers... take into account the better N/A gear ratios of the gs-r tranny, and the fact that ls'vtecs don't like to be revved the hell out of like the b18c's... and how can you say "all things being equal"? there is no equality between a relatively heavily modified ls/vtec (swapping a head would be a relatively heavy mod) pitted against a gs-r with the same money invested...
[/quote]
all things being equal = drivers and conditions the same...it's just stock ls/vtec car vs. gsr...where did I lose you?

·
Registered
385 Posts
sll i heard is horror stories about the ls/vtec...like 2-4 months of operation then problems...so I would either stick with the gsr motor or make sure that someone with good refrences or very reputable work on something like the frankenstein swap

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
turbo94 on Oct/15/02 said:
yes it is just like a gsrjust a vetc head no change in the emissions unless you put it on wrong
Speaking of emissions and what not. Comming down to smog (in California where I live, they are anal about alot of sh*t) would an LS/Vtec pass? I'm thinking that a mechanic would do his normal routine, get the VIN number and/or any other ID numbers he needed and notice that the engine stated in the VIN is different than whats installed in the car. So the guy would instantly say right then and there, "Nope. this won't pass"

Anyone got any information on attempting to smog a LS/Vtec in CA? Can it be done? If I were to do the LS/Vtec conversion on my daily driver, I'd definitely would want it to pass smog!

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
uhm, a built ls/vtec could rev to 8000 rpms, and who was it that said you keep the stock ls redline? ecu chip will change that..

·
Registered
301 Posts
when i got my smog done in cali, i dont think they checked the vin# on my motor. and correct me if im wrong, but isnt the vin on the block not the head? so a gsr head on an ls block wouldnt make a difference. or maybe it was some other # on the block?
but yea cali emissions are a [email protected]@ch.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.